Boat license decals

Are your license decals peeling/falling off

• Total voters

rslavik

Is anyone having there boat license decal peeling off? Mine is almost completely off on both sides. A friend of mine is having the same problem. I called Game and Fish for replacement decals and the very rude lady said "not a problem, just cancel your current registration and re register the boat and pay for a new license decal and we will send out new decals, and we will wave the ANS fee as that has already been paid." I said that it looks like there is a vendor issue with the decal as I have seen 2 other boats with the license decal peeling off besides mine and my friends. The gal proceeded to tell me that I installed them incorrect, or it was to cold when I installed them or my boat was not clean. She apparently has been watching me. Its kinda strange that every decal is still on the boat from my original decal in 2002 and no peeling whatsoever. So my question is this, is any one else having this issue? Just seems to be to coincidental.

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same thing on my starboard side sticker. Taped it on with packing tape. Be damned if I’m going to pay again.

WalleyeGuy80

Yes I am having trouble with by boat and PWC. The one has fallen off last weekend. This reminds me I need to call the game and fish and ask them about it.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine just started to peel as well.
Recharging for them will be bullshit, they definitely aren't made like they used to be!

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Email game n fish a link to this thread so they can see it's not just one person havin issues.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine started peeling too. Never happened before. I epoxied it on

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
You only need ANS sticker if you are from MN or WIS. In other words more than 50% of the boats at Devils or Dawson. Don’t worry they are making their way west with reports of limits at Sak.. why we don’t check them at the border of HWY 2 and I94 is beyond me. Maybe make Doug Lier check them rather than get a check for talking stupid for an hour on the radio everyday

Last edited:

rslavik

My guess they are going to deny it for a while but eventually will admit they have an issue. Going to trim mine and use tape to hold it on to the old decals as i dont want to have to clean packing tape residue off my boat someday when they get this figured out. I dont think we should have to pay for a reissue decal they need to go to the vendor for reimbursement.

Rick Tischaefer

While getting ready to launch today, I noticed one sticker was three quarters of the way off. I tried to put it back in place and there was no "stick" left to the decal. In checking the other side of the boat, that sticker was already gone. I finished peeling the one off and put it in my tacklebox. I'll duct tape it in place until 2022. Not interested in paying for a duplicate or renewal for vendor junk. Rick

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The stickers are designed to fall off once you’ve had your boat in the water for your allotted time for the year. Now stay off the water so the rest of us have some room out there.

Fordboy

Mine are starting to peel also. I wiped the old sticker with a rag and thought maybe I had some oil residue or something on it that was causing them not to stay.

NDBuckscrape

Same thing here! I did follow their instructions, installed them on my fiberglass boat that is always clean. They still peeled off. I have 5 friends and the same thing happened. NDGF told me that these decals are military grade quality and are much better than the old ones. They also told me that they haven't heard of anyone else falling off and that I was the only one having this issue? Not sure why they changed them, I have been running boats for over 30 years and never had an issue in the past. Even my vehicle lic. plate stickers are stacked and have never had an issue. Why is it always us that didn't do something right? Sad part is NDGF wants to charge you for another lic., for an issue that we didn't have anything do to with and have you down as being registered already. They could give a guy new stickers and change their number just as easy.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anyone having there boat license decal peeling off? Mine is almost completely off on both sides. A friend of mine is having the same problem. I called Game and Fish for replacement decals and the very rude lady said "not a problem, just cancel your current registration and re register the boat and pay for a new license decal and we will send out new decals, and we will wave the ANS fee as that has already been paid." I said that it looks like there is a vendor issue with the decal as I have seen 2 other boats with the license decal peeling off besides mine and my friends. The gal proceeded to tell me that I installed them incorrect, or it was to cold when I installed them or my boat was not clean. She apparently has been watching me. Its kinda strange that every decal is still on the boat from my original decal in 2002 and no peeling whatsoever. So my question is this, is any one else having this issue? Just seems to be to coincidental.

Did you get her name? I've had a conversation with her a few times and she was the same with me. I have to call up there for something next week, if she gets rude I'm going to go straight third hat on her ass and remind her that she works for all of us and doesn't have a star on her collar and she better pull her head out of her ass. I hope someone has her name, please let me know because I've heard from many that have had to deal with her utter lack of respect. Believe me, they read this, I've been called by my local warden within a few hours of posting a bitch on here.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
One of mine started to peel as well. Never seen that before.

agreed, charging a fee and paperwork is a bull crap approach by the G&F.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine are still in envelope so no problem for me. But I have found that over the years game and fish has always acted this way. Db

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used my boat Saturday for the first time and on the drive home I noticed the port side sticker flapping a bit. Just checked it and it is definitely coming loose. Last time I had an issue I masked the area and sprayed it with contact cement. Seemed to hold after that. Have to see what good sticky stuff the wife has in her well equipped craft room.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here. Both stickers are starting to peel off. Applied clear packing tape over decals a couple of weeks ago and that won't likely last long. I clean decal area with alcohol and let dry before applying decal. Never have had a problem before. Sending an e-mail to G&F today.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74