2020 Muzzleloader tag

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I've been a long-range hunter for years with my 7mm, I'm thinking I may spend some time afield with the muzzy this fall just to sharpen my hunting skills. It's a whole 'nother ball game when using primitive tools, and one must enjoy the challenge/hunt more than the antlers.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I've been a long-range hunter for years with my 7mm, I'm thinking I may spend some time afield with the muzzy this fall just to sharpen my hunting skills. It's a whole 'nother ball game when using primitive tools, and one must enjoy the challenge/hunt more than the antlers.

thats the truth right there, the wife and I enjoy the cooking more than the hunt itself at times. pretty satisfying the meals you can do when wildgame is prepared right.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah 1x is asinine in this day and age, I understand the primitive weapon etc... ya know how many deer I've found in my yard wounded with a muzzy that were shot and ran into my "refuge"? More than I care to count, pisses me off when I get a call during muzzy season, get a QD mount. I'm not the first person to think that.

This has 0% to do with 1x scopes and 100% to do with dumbass hunters. People don't practice with their guns, they shoot at running deer and take too long of shots. Was in Scheels awhile ago looking at some muzzy stuff for an elk hunt this fall. The sales guy said you'd be surprised at how many guys draw a ND tag and are in Scheels a week before the season to buy a muzzleloader.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND must be one of the last states with a no magnification rule.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like I said before, go complete primitive on the rules. Then we don’t have the wanna be muzzloader hunters asking stupid questions and the guys who actually own the guns can draw a license.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://aaoptics.com/REFURBISHED-CROSSFIRE-II-1X24-MUZZLELOADER_p_717.html

It seems the Vortex 1x has been discontinued but I just got a refurb from this place. It seems a lot nicer than my and closer to life-size than my TC 1x. The Weaver 1x has also been discontinued but it is still available in a place or two.

The red-dot experiment was a failure. This make me think that ND is about the last state that allows scopes but no magnification. The way my eye is right now I think open sights would be impossible.

Founding Member
Founding Member
This works well on my encore.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80