Tying Your Own Spinner Rigs

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone use willow-leaf blades for walleye? I've experimented with them a little in the past but haven't had a ton of luck....at the same time, I'm a big rookie when it comes to boat and walleye fishing.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Does anyone use willow-leaf blades for walleye? I've experimented with them a little in the past but haven't had a ton of luck....at the same time, I'm a big rookie when it comes to boat and walleye fishing.

I've dabbled with them as spinner rigs and on BB's weights but to see if they produce differently than colorado and indiana's and found i get many more hits with props and smile blades. It would be cool to see if there is a device that would record and visualize the vibrations of different types of spinner blades to see the difference.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you want to pull faster, the have much less resistance than other types of blades. But don't work as well at slow speeds. I have had a couple days where they were a clear winner....but those days were few compared to Colorado blades or Smile blades. No reason I can figure out they worked on those days, but they did.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77