MLB ?Why No Fans?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I get why they don't want packed stadiums, but why absolutely ZERO fans? With stadiums that hold thousands, why not let in 5-10 %. They could make whole sections for groups of fans that are together. I was watching some pre season games tonight, and they had cut out statues in the stands behind home plate. There was a low hum of piped in crowd noise so it wasn't dead silent. I wonder what NFL will do?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s getting harder and harder to care about sports. The loonies politicize everything from soup to nuts anymore. I haven’t watched a football game since the kaepernick thing started and I can tell you I won’t be going to the twin shitties for baseball games anymore with the way that area has behaved as of late. I think the one positive to come out of coronavirus is I’ve learned the bonehead professional athletes are not a necessary part of life and I certainly don’t have to waste my valuable time and money caring what they’ve turned what used to be a pleasant distraction from real life into. Good riddance

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been heading down this road as well... caught an article about a month ago talking about denard span (great twin for a few years) now being retired because he was basically disrespected with a league minimum contract offer of 1 to 1.5 million per year... he said it would not be worth being away from his family as much as he would have to be to play for that... just - wow...

how many average joes or janes WOULDN'T lead that lifestyle for a year FOR their families... most of these pro athletes are as out of touch as the politicians and media personalities...

i think if a lot of people agree with twitch and i and act accordingly, these monster contracts may be a thing of the past...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been heading down this road as well... caught an article about a month ago talking about denard span (great twin for a few years) now being retired because he was basically disrespected with a league minimum contract offer of 1 to 1.5 million per year... he said it would not be worth being away from his family as much as he would have to be to play for that... just - wow...

how many average joes or janes WOULDN'T lead that lifestyle for a year FOR their families... most of these pro athletes are as out of touch as the politicians and media personalities...

i think if a lot of people agree with twitch and i and act accordingly, these monster contracts may be a thing of the past...

You have to put a little context with that. If your employer came and said we are going to give you a 70 percent pay decrease and you have to be gone 3/4 of the year and you have made enough money to retire what would you do. That million and a half while life changing for us is like minimum wage for him. I bet if he wasn’t a player who had been in the league for years he would of gladly took the contract

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]The Toronto Blue Jays have been barred from playing games in Canada for the 2020 MLB season over fear of spreading the coronavirus. The season, which was delayed due to the pandemic, is scheduled to begin at the end of July.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Based on the best-available public health advice, we have concluded the cross-border travel required for MLB regular season play would not adequately protect Canadians' health and safety," Canada's Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship said Saturday in a statement. "As a result, Canada will not be issuing a National Interest Exemption for the MLB's regular season at this time."[/FONT]

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everytime i hear one of these over paid athletes say "it isn't about the money", i have to laugh as it is all about the money! They usually say that while either up for contract renewal or just after renewing their contract. They want more money and more money. These contracts are so crazy i can't believe someone would pay that amount to play a "game".

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one that says it’s not about the money is a liar. I sure as hell don’t work cause I love it

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for hi jacking your thread bud, I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread when this is related. Its going to be interesting next six months, the reason I say this is pro sports, as well as college, has a place in American culture, this won't just effect fans but will effect those who have a job in the sports world. Why does this happen and can someone explain to me who is this beneficial to.

- - - Updated - - -

Also was kind of disappointed with Patrick Mahommes for signing such an astronomical contract that was worth close to a half a billion dollars. I thought for sure he would have sacrificed some money to surround himself with some talent, maybe he is thinking why when it didn't help Chris Wilson or Tom Brady in the end.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunker,

I am pretty sure most pro football pundits would side with Brady having at least half of those rings because he left some money on the table for the Pats to sign other quality players. While I think that is a grand move on his behalf, I still don't like the SOB. Maybe because I actually liked Bledsoe, not sure.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I agree I'm not a big pats fan either just because of all the scandals that the team has been involved with since day one of the brady-belecheat years. Will we see a season this year? I hope so

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I get why they don't want packed stadiums, but why absolutely ZERO fans?

Maybe concessions and restrooms would be too tough to control?

- - - Updated - - -

Lunker,

I am pretty sure most pro football pundits would side with Brady having at least half of those rings because he left some money on the table for the Pats to sign other quality players. While I think that is a grand move on his behalf, I still don't like the SOB. Maybe because I actually liked Bledsoe, not sure.

I don't know why but I am hoping that Brady does better without Belichick than Belichick does without Brady.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The Toronto Blue Jays have been barred from playing games in Canada for the 2020 MLB season over fear of spreading the coronavirus. The season, which was delayed due to the pandemic, is scheduled to begin at the end of July.
"Based on the best-available public health advice, we have concluded the cross-border travel required for MLB regular season play would not adequately protect Canadians' health and safety," Canada's Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship said Saturday in a statement. "As a result, Canada will not be issuing a National Interest Exemption for the MLB's regular season at this time."

And now we know why the old saying was "Baseball: America's past time". Nowhere have I ever heard "Baseball: America and Canada past time". ;:;rofl

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe concessions and restrooms would be too tough to control?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why but I am hoping that Brady does better without Belichick than Belichick does without Brady.

I am looking forward to watching Brady and Gronk again, I hope they kick ass!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
One other thing about these guys is they do commercials and all kinds of things that bring in more money also.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as we can still gamble on it ... I'm in......NFL and college FB That is

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are way more interested in College football now as i am getting sick and tired of these over paid athletes spouting off every chance they get. They are getting as bad as the Hollywood ;:;barfcrowd!!! ;:;barf

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love me some college, games start at 11 am and keep starting till 9 pm.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are way more interested in College football now as i am getting sick and tired of these over paid athletes spouting off every chance they get. They are getting as bad as the Hollywood ;:;barfcrowd!!! ;:;barf

unless I am betting money college is just not that interesting. The speed difference and skill just such a drop off

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74