Dakota Walleye Classic

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know where you can find day 1 results? I have tried the Facebook page and the Visit Beulah page, but nothing.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope. Heard she was tuff tho. Never any leaderboards posted for this tourney.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found this online. Only page 1 of the results.

IMG_2269.jpg

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check Western Frontier Insurance Agency facebook page, has all of them on there.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised to see a 2.5 avg make the top 20, must be a fairly tough bite.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve never had a more frustrating week of prefishing. I gave the fish a choice of whatever bait they might want. Crawlers, leeches, creek chubs, big and little crankbaits and we only weighed 7 fish. As always, someone figures it out. It’s still a very well run tournament and I’ll be back next year.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the kicker fish we needed..:whaaaa:
20200726_202800.jpg

Sorry Dane, didn't recognize you in the 621, loved the Trump flag by the way!
I worked OT during the week so no prefishing, sounded like it wasn't to much fun eh!
Crazy that only 13 out of 180 teams caught their 10 fish, that has to be a record!
Funny little tid bit.
My oldest boy had to be in a rescheduled covid wedding so I needed a partner.
Long time coworker and darn good fisherman filled in, we hadn't fished together in probably over 10 years, first day of the tourney being the first time back in a boat together.
Pull into the first spot and he's got a keeper on almost immediately, I'm happy. I look back and see him measuring it. I asked him how long and he says only 16 and tosses it back!
I immediately suggest that with the way the bite has been on hot still days all summer we might want to box the first 5 keepers! Ha ha ha

Good times, the tourney was ran really well and everyone seemed to be enjoying the summer just like any other year!
To bad the Governors cup had to pull the plug so early!

Last edited:

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the kicker fish we needed..:whaaaa:
D802F25F-C133-4B32-9064-573AD2E7B7C7.jpeg

Sorry Dane, didn't recognize you in the 621, loved the Trump flag by the way!
I worked OT during the week so no prefishing, sounded like it wasn't to much fun eh!
Funny little tid bit.
My oldest boy had to be in a rescheduled covid wedding so I needed a partner.
Long time coworker and darn good fisherman filled in, we hadn't fished together in probably over 10 years, first day of the tourney being the first time back in a boat together.
Pull into the first spot and he's got a keeper on almost immediately, I'm happy. I look back and see him measuring it. I asked him how long and he says only 16 and tosses it back!
I immediately suggest that with the way the bite has been on hot still days all summer we might want to box the first 5 keepers! Ha ha ha

Good times, the tourney was ran really well and everyone seemed to be enjoying the summer just like any other year!
To bad the Governors cup had to pull the plug so early!

Whats up with the saugers that look like that??? We caught a couple like that last year and a few that looked more normal like skinny walleye profile.

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
The saugers look like they are starving to death. Getting out competed by abundant walleyes?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha definitely not photo shopped, thing looked awful.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is is there any reason or law limiting the number of fish at 5 per day? IMO letting teams weigh more fish would be a better measure of who's the best fisherman.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
We caught a 17.5" sauger in the tourney that was as fat as I've ever seen one.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is is there any reason or law limiting the number of fish at 5 per day? IMO letting teams weigh more fish would be a better measure of who's the best fisherman.

IMO, the problem is the potential culling. If tournaments went to weighing a full limit, say 10 fish per day, it would probably be won by teams culling fish. Its just too easy of a way to cheat. I think even mostly honest people would have a lapse in judgement.

Keeping the weigh fish limited to a teams top 5 fish a day and allowing 10 fish in the well almost negates culling.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Quite the spread in the AIM tourney at Parshall. Where did all the big fish go?!?! Not as many big weights as they have had in the past down there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69