Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 466
      Given: 1,836
      Interesting study out of France, where schools are open and running. It shows that parents are 9 times more likely to transmit the virus to their children than the other way around. Really surprised this information was published on such a liberal site.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ch-study-shows

Hopefully this gives some comfort to those parents that are so worried about little Johnny bringing it home. Also seems like the key to keep outbreaks out of the schools is to focus on the teachers/staff, not the children.

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #82
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 965
      Given: 0
      Quote Originally Posted by MuskyManiac View Post
      I'm self-employed in healthcare and haven't missed one day of work during all of this. What has me most concerned is if my kids catch it or my wife gets it when she starts teaching again at UND if I am going to have to take two weeks off work, or go stay in a hotel for a couple weeks. I can't see losing half my income for a month, no way!
      I have had kids in summer camp and daycare all summer and we have all been fine. I’m not worried about us though as we are all healthy. The old and high risk just need to isolate from the rest of us for another 8 months, it will suck for the short term but is it worth your life?

Old teachers should have the option to stay home but don’t let them be the reason we don’t have school!

3 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #83
      Premium Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 622
      Given: 760
      Classifieds
      Read somewhere today how it's funny that adults have failed miserably at social distancing but how we expect kindergartens to figure it out for us

0 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #84
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,885
      Given: 1,510
      Quote Originally Posted by savage270 View Post
      Interesting study out of France, where schools are open and running. It shows that parents are 9 times more likely to transmit the virus to their children than the other way around. Really surprised this information was published on such a liberal site.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ch-study-shows

Hopefully this gives some comfort to those parents that are so worried about little Johnny bringing it home. Also seems like the key to keep outbreaks out of the schools is to focus on the teachers/staff, not the children.

"The researchers found that 61% of the parents of infected kids had the coronavirus, compared with about 7% of parents of healthy ones, suggesting it was the parents who had infected their offspring rather than the other way around."

So, what I read here is that if the kids are not infected, only 7% of their parents have the infection. However, if the kids are infected, 61% of the parents are infected. And this suggests the infection was most likely passed from the parents to the kids, ehh what?

1. Who gave the infection to the kids whose parents are not infected.

2. A little different spin on this could be that roughly 7% of the adults are careful enough to not pass the infection on to their kids. But if the kids are infected, it would appear the parents have a 61% chance of being infected by the kids.

There is definitely something missing in this article to support their conclusions. Maybe they have some evidence for timing of infections that is not in the article?

0 Not allowed!
      Last edited by Allen; 08-02-2020 at 04:14 PM.
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345