Schwan's home delivery ENDING

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Schwan's will ship in styrofoam cooler with dry ice....what the hell would I do with all the styrofoam coolers, as I can't put into recycle bin since stryofoam is "voodoo" to environmentalist. ;:;rofl

Use a heated wire to cut them and build your own wall and foundation forms.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Schwan's will ship in styrofoam cooler with dry ice....what the hell would I do with all the styrofoam coolers, as I can't put into recycle bin since stryofoam is "voodoo" to environmentalist. ;:;rofl
I packed one full of old clothes and used it as an archery target. :D

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

They have insulated bags that they use sometimes. Before the corona they took them back to reuse or said we could Keep and leave on the porch if we were getting a delivery that day.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a few openings for drivers come up and the description of the job says the same, base + commission.

In the era of both parents working being a Schwan's driver/sales has to be tough. Trying to stop by when people are actually home but late enough to not be in the middle of dinner, early enough to not be putting kids to bed. I think I'd be stopping by all of the retirement facilities, at least there'd be more than an unanswered door.

They've got some good products, and the home delivery is convenient but I bet it's REALLY long hours if you're going to make it pay.

Cold calling is tough but how I got on their route is I ordered some food online and they started a biweekly appointment when they will show up during a time period on a day. Unfortunately they put me on Friday and I have been gone in some of the days. I just need to call and change it but not the top of my priorities right now.

That reminds me I’m out of golden nugget bars!

- - - Updated - - -

Schwan's frozen veggies are the best we have found anywhere. We also like the frozen pizza's. It's not cheap but much cheaper than going out to eat.
The rising crust pizzas are so good!!!! If you think it’s just some lame prizes pizza think again! Other good items we get are cheesy breadsticks, pierogies, silver mint bars, raviolis, and their Caramel rolls! We buy their stuff that is better than in grocery stores and is nice to have the home delivered convenience.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably would have been more open to the concept if they would have had a scheduled stop time but when I was working nights and trying to sleep during the day and it was a pain in the ass. Had to tell the driver 3 times that if I wanted ice cream I'd let him know so he didn't have to stop and ask. First two times he must have thought I was joking.

You can order online and sometimes get 25% off on your first order. You can then set up a one time delivery and/or schedule an appointment every week or two. I don’t think they do much cold calling anymore.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welp my in person delivery service has ended for schwans. Now it will be mailed in I want food from them. Defeats the whole point of getting food from them now.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I don't understand why Schwan's think this is going to be good for their business.:confused:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the Powell (Wy) Tribune:

Schwan’s to end local truck deliveries

Closing Powell and Riverton depots

Posted Thursday, October 1, 2020 8:20 am
Schwan’s Home Delivery is closing its depots in Powell and Riverton as it switches to a UPS delivery model for local customers.

The move will impact 11 employees between the two depots, which the company said were no longer viable to operate. “This was not an easy decision for us to make as we have loved being a part of these communities and are grateful for the work of our employees,” said Jennifer Rock, director of corporate communications for Schwan’s. Rock said the company is making every effort to support the 11 impacted employees but did not provide further details.

Affected customers have been notified that the company will no longer be offering its delivery service; they can order Schwan’s products online — including frozen foods — and have them delivered via UPS within two days.

Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s Home Service operates some 3,500 delivery trucks across the country. The home delivery service continues to be owned by the Schwan family that started the business in 1952. It’s separate and independent from Schwan’s Company.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sam's/Costco. same shit 1/2 price.

That's what I told the Schwan's guy the one time he came here.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No tik tok! No Schwann man! My hair is on fire!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a good buddy who's now exwife was getting plowed by the Schwann man.

He is probably happy with this end result, my buddy not the Schwann guy...haha

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand why Schwan's think this is going to be good for their business.:confused:
They might not have a choice. COVID panick has caused a lot of business to shut down. I’m sure Schwan is feeling the same pressure. If it is no longer profitable business shuts down. It’s that simple.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They might not have a choice. COVID panick has caused a lot of business to shut down. I’m sure Schwan is feeling the same pressure. If it is no longer profitable business shuts down. It’s that simple.
Not really! They are literally the last company you would expect to be affected. Hell everyone else is trying to switch to their style. It looks like they are cutting off non-profitable rural areas where I'm guessing fuel costs are high and sales are low.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sam's/Costco. same shit 1/2 price.

That's what I told the Schwan's guy the one time he came here.

Not even close. The chicken is way better. Not tough a stringy like Sam’s. The fries and hash browns a really good and not any higher priced. Some of their things are more money but it is better quality.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74