----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 5,580
      Given: 268
      Classifieds
      Quote Originally Posted by Paddledogger View Post
      So Schwan's will ship in styrofoam cooler with dry ice....what the hell would I do with all the styrofoam coolers, as I can't put into recycle bin since stryofoam is "voodoo" to environmentalist.
      Use a heated wire to cut them and build your own wall and foundation forms.

0 Not allowed!
      This has been like listening to Nancy Pelosi argue with Ozzy Osborne.

2. Back To Top    #22
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      Amused

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,216
      Given: 870
      So Schwan's will ship in styrofoam cooler with dry ice....what the hell would I do with all the styrofoam coolers, as I can't put into recycle bin since stryofoam is "voodoo" to environmentalist.
      I packed one full of old clothes and used it as an archery target.

0 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #23
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 965
      Given: 0
      They have insulated bags that they use sometimes. Before the corona they took them back to reuse or said we could Keep and leave on the porch if we were getting a delivery that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
      I've seen a few openings for drivers come up and the description of the job says the same, base + commission.

In the era of both parents working being a Schwan's driver/sales has to be tough. Trying to stop by when people are actually home but late enough to not be in the middle of dinner, early enough to not be putting kids to bed. I think I'd be stopping by all of the retirement facilities, at least there'd be more than an unanswered door.

They've got some good products, and the home delivery is convenient but I bet it's REALLY long hours if you're going to make it pay.
      Cold calling is tough but how I got on their route is I ordered some food online and they started a biweekly appointment when they will show up during a time period on a day. Unfortunately they put me on Friday and I have been gone in some of the days. I just need to call and change it but not the top of my priorities right now.

That reminds me I’m out of golden nugget bars!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BDub View Post
      Schwan's frozen veggies are the best we have found anywhere. We also like the frozen pizza's. It's not cheap but much cheaper than going out to eat.
      The rising crust pizzas are so good!!!! If you think it’s just some lame prizes pizza think again! Other good items we get are cheesy breadsticks, pierogies, silver mint bars, raviolis, and their Caramel rolls! We buy their stuff that is better than in grocery stores and is nice to have the home delivered convenience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post
      I probably would have been more open to the concept if they would have had a scheduled stop time but when I was working nights and trying to sleep during the day and it was a pain in the ass. Had to tell the driver 3 times that if I wanted ice cream I'd let him know so he didn't have to stop and ask. First two times he must have thought I was joking.
      You can order online and sometimes get 25% off on your first order. You can then set up a one time delivery and/or schedule an appointment every week or two. I don’t think they do much cold calling anymore.

1 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12