Towtector question?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve snooped around some of the previous forums decided on the towtectors to protect the unsparkly glass boat. Can a guy get these locally anywhere In the bis/man area or do I have to do it online? When I try to find dealers nothing pops up online for local dealers or carriers
Thanks Guys

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked locally also before I bought mine. I checked with Finish Line and I think Glen's, both would have had to order one.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nd walleyes ,
you just order from towtector site then?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nd walleyes ,
you just order from towtector site then?

Pretty sure I ordered from their website, but I see Towtector is selling on Amazon now so that may be an easier option.

I've been happy with mine. No new chips in the boat. I just leave it on my pickup all summer. Washing has taken a piece of their logo/sticker off but there is no rust after 3 years.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
The solid rubber ones they say are the "cat's meow".
Extreme Trailer Sales used to have a few in stock but don't know if they still do.
Call up Mitch and ask him.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The solid/full width rub ones were tough to find when I bought. Would have gone that way.

Lots of rocks come off the front truck tires and then pass between the flaps on the non-full length style units. I ended up with several small rock chips. This is the very reason I sold my rock tamer and went with the towtector.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
��. Thanks for the help fellas

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went and had a heavy duty custom bra made by Finest Auto Trim here in GF. It cover a very large area and goes back under to the tires on the trailer. Under $300 back about 10 years ago.

Founding Member
Founding Member
This Rockstar one works good for me. 20200802_090858.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had my towtector since 2009. It looks a little rough nowadays, getting them filled with mud and slush in the winter makes them look a little bushy over the years.

While I really can't complain, I will just say that I still get lots and lots of pea sized gravel in my boat/toon/UTV as I tow them down gravel roads. About the only way to not get rocks in/on my towed stuff is to keep the speed under about 35 mph.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had my towtector since 2009. It looks a little rough nowadays, getting them filled with mud and slush in the winter makes them look a little bushy over the years.

While I really can't complain, I will just say that I still get lots and lots of pea sized gravel in my boat/toon/UTV as I tow them down gravel roads. About the only way to not get rocks in/on my towed stuff is to keep the speed under about 35 mph.

I'm THAT guy that drives 15 mph down the gravel road. I live on gravel and have to pull down more gravel to my cabin. I'm NOT going to rock chip my boat up. I also have a two tector as well as a rock tamer. I prefer the tow tector. They dampen the speed of the rocks. To me, the rock tamer full rubber flap causes rocks to take wild bounces and causes chips. And no, mine does not drag.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah i've read forum after forum on all the styles and understand any mud flap isn't perfect.
i don't drive much gravel at all. haven't taken any yet this year but just got a new truck with no mud flaps at all so figured might as well get something to protect it more than the nothing it has on now.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah i've read forum after forum on all the styles and understand any mud flap isn't perfect.
i don't drive much gravel at all. haven't taken any yet this year but just got a new truck with no mud flaps at all so figured might as well get something to protect it more than the nothing it has on now.

Something, anything, is better than nothing. I pulled an aluminum boat down a wet gravel road (sticky may be a better way to put it) from Highway 2 down to East Bay campground at about 60 mph when I was a bit more impatient. And with no flaps at all.

Holy SHIT did I eff up the paint on that boat.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check Radco in Mandan. I bought my Towtector from Radco in Fargo so I would think the Mandan location would carry them as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75