Custom Tarp Design

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be looking at a new tarp for my Impact next year and thinking what can I get creative with. Has anyone had a tarp made that drapes over the boat, extending down to the trailer frame? I'm thinking rock and dust protection and ease of tie down. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boat came with a bra tarp that goes under the front. I don't use it much.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My other thought was to have a zipper sewn in for quick access rather than having to unstrap things. Thoughts?

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My other thought was to have a zipper sewn in for quick access rather than having to unstrap things. Thoughts?

im not sure there is a zipper made that will handle the abuse a boat tarp takes for very long. Either a seize up or a blow out I’d guess.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Needing to replace a custom boat cover. Last one I purchased was made by a guy at River City. He closed his shop. Any suggestions for custom covers around Bismarck?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bite the bullet. TRS. They can do the "drapes" to the frame as well. You can get a flap w/snaps or velcro for fuel filling. It would be interesting to see what they'd say about additional access panels regarding size and closure method.

There used to be a guy out near U Mary that did boat covers as well. I know my dad had one made there that was very comparable to a TRS cover.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bite the bullet. TRS. They can do the "drapes" to the frame as well. You can get a flap w/snaps or velcro for fuel filling. It would be interesting to see what they'd say about additional access panels regarding size and closure method.

There used to be a guy out near U Mary that did boat covers as well. I know my dad had one made there that was very comparable to a TRS cover.

Agree with TRS. They built a cover for a Lund Tyee that I had a few years ago. Was a quality product and looked as good as new when I sold the boat after 5 years of use. AM hoping to identify a good option in the Bismarck area. Thanks for the suggestion!

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member

BZ's Boat covers701-471- 3448
Brian Zins is his name.
in Bismarck out by U of M

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
finest auto trim in grand forks will make what ever you want.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spoke with the owner at Outlaw Tarp Repair in Mandan on the phone. Seems like a good guy. Anyone have experience with them?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77