Waterfowl season 2020

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well you can get your sweet ass these out of staters will ruin it for the rest of us with this piece of shit no trespass law.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you can get your sweet ass these out of staters will ruin it for the rest of us with this piece of shit no trespass law.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So eyexer,fill me in been out of the loop since april,north dakota pushing a trespass law?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone who thinks closing canada will result in a better season for ND will all be in for a rude awakening

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So eyexer,fill me in been out of the loop since april,north dakota pushing a trespass law?
there’s a certain segment that always is and always will. It’ll no doubt be front and center in the upcoming session

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
anyone who thinks closing canada will result in a better season for ND will all be in for a rude awakening
Yeah I don’t think anyone will think it will be better than Canada, but it should be better than no hunting at all. Without a decent migration hunting will not be very good after the first two weekends. I will hate to see what becomes posted after this year as it could end up being a shit show with the influx of extra hunters. I can see why guys pay $150 a day to hunt the migration in Nebraska and Kansas and not deal with the hassle.....

- - - Updated - - -

The have a trial going on for this digital posting, I’m not sure how it works or the rules behind it and I’m sure the sconies will have a much harder time comprehending it than myself!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
now would be a good time if you have a solid contact to throw a text, call, offer a helping hand cuz I can guarentee you he will be hounded this fall. I Have a solid contact in the 281 corridor that saves fields if I want them he told me 21 trucks stopped at his door in 2 days asking for a field 2 falls ago. Needless to say I stay in quite regular contact with the guy.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the Sturgis Rally is any indication people are willing to travel. The numbers there were not off a lot from last year.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
So this is really cool to see. Maybe creepy too. I highly doubt it would work for a hunting season, but how about tracking the ND waterfowl season "prime times", or the SD pheasant opener. Granted license data could get you similar info, but not the exact time of trip in some cases depending on license type.

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/sta...y-attendees-traveling-covid-phone-data-2020-8

It's going to be busy for you guys for sure. Looking like it could be a mild fall too, at least to start.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost every single year of my life there have been anywhere from 200 to 500 extra Swan tags left over after the initial drawing this year there were 300 more applicants then there were tags available! Obviously not a concrete way to judge anything but definitely an indicator that we are about to get invaded and that this really is about to happen.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh it’s gonna be a shit show alright. Hopefully bad enough right before the session to get them to put limits on non resident licenses. And while they’re here they will hunt pheasant too. Finally got the pheasant numbers up and they will be roasted

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh it’s gonna be a shit show alright. Hopefully bad enough right before the session to get them to put limits on non resident licenses. And while they’re here they will hunt pheasant too. Finally got the pheasant numbers up and they will be roasted

killing roosters won’t hurt the population at all . We take the last couple weekends of the season to run operation clean sweep where I guide as the roosters sters kill lots of hens if the winter gets hard. It only takes a few roosters to do a lot of breeding. Hens and habitat equals lots of pheasants.

now waterfowl I think is going to be a complete shut show up there. I think deans stat with the swan tags is very telling of how it’s going to go.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes the Swan tags is very telling....gonna be a shit show this fall...and will only take a few asshats to ruin it for everyone.....
cant wait. :::

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So talk canada might open sept 21st.Time will tell

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
So talk canada might open sept 21st.Time will tell

I wouldn't count on it, they've been pushing it back by one month every month since their original plan to open on Memorial Day. Wouldn't be surprised if it stays closed through the end of the year.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lot more residents will be hunting too. No college football opens up 18k people's Saturdays in Fargo

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those poor Bastards up in Pembina are gonna have a rough fall.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer....so I'm not hunting north dakota but you have my attention,what's this putting limits on non rez? again.I remember that shit show many years ago,bunch of Minn senators own land in north dakota for hunting a limit of tags for none rez filed a law suit,north dakota settled with zone permits if I remember correctly as I was supena'd to a hearing via ducks unlimted at our state capt meeting ,man all the whinning and sniveling from these toads,I think the cap was 30k non rez tags.then I explained it could be worse like waterfowl tag lottery system in south dakota,at the time was 3,500 none rez tags for state wide hunting,lottery application due by mid july,maybe still the same today? just curious what's up.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79