Waterfowl season 2020

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer....so I'm not hunting north dakota but you have my attention,what's this putting limits on non rez? again.I remember that shit show many years ago,bunch of Minn senators own land in north dakota for hunting a limit of tags for none rez filed a law suit,north dakota settled with zone permits if I remember correctly as I was supena'd to a hearing via ducks unlimted at our state capt meeting ,man all the whinning and sniveling from these toads,I think the cap was 30k non rez tags.then I explained it could be worse like waterfowl tag lottery system in south dakota,at the time was 3,500 none rez tags for state wide hunting,lottery application due by mid july,maybe still the same today? just curious what's up.

We could only be so lucky to have a quota. GNF only cares about $$$, not preserving the quality of the hunt like SD (waterfowl) MT (biggame). There are solutions but they keep rolling out the red carpet. Come one come all to ND!! Hunt shoulder to shoulder with every dip shit around.

End rant.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You residents best get your fare share your early week before the shit show starts on oct 6th ,opening for rez is 9/26? brown ducks....lol

Things could change in a hurry,I see snow forcasted out west already this weekend.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
We could only be so lucky to have a quota. GNF only cares about $$$, not preserving the quality of the hunt like SD (waterfowl) MT (biggame). There are solutions but they keep rolling out the red carpet. Come one come all to ND!! Hunt shoulder to shoulder with every dip shit around.

End rant.

Correct me if wrong, but would restrictions need to go through the legislature? Not sure how that all works as GNF changes the number of deer licenses every year but not sure they can do that for waterfowl? Seems it's been quite a while since any restrictive bills for NRs have been proposed, usually several every session proposed that loosen NR restrictions.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND Game and Fish anticipates more non-resident hunters this season

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - This weekend waterfowl hunting opens to North Dakota residents, but the game and fish department is anticipating seeing a lot more out of state hunters in the coming weeks.

Nearly 1,000 more out-of-state license have been sold compared to this time last year.

Game and Fish leaders say they are aware of COVID-19 concerns and people crossing state lines.

“There are some restrictions regarding traveling to Canada that are probably going to have a few more folks coming into North Dakota but then again just generally folks are seeking more opportunities in the outdoors just to get out and spread out and get away from everything. ,”said Mike Szymanski, migratory game bird management supervisor

However they say the increase in hunters will be beneficial for bird populations.

“Even if we were to add several thousand more non-resident waterfowl hunters this year. It would still only be bringing us back up to the levels we we’re experiencing five or six years ago,” said Szymanski.

Symanski says there is no limit on how many non-resident license can be sold.

Their hunting season will begin on October third.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
These Non residents should maybe check around before they show up, most slough's are dried up

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it was a good start for us. Never seen so many pintails. Let the kids do most the shooting and I ran the puppy
3EE6A677-D3AB-45AE-B096-CBB7677A76A5.jpg
B288B917-201F-4515-A45F-39959824D8F9.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83