Silly question about water access problem

randyspringer

[FONT=&quot]After getting useful advices, I tried some streams for a month and now have other questions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I found some nice spot, some pull offs from road and checked the main stream is just 200ft away.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can walk few miles if it is needed but the problem was "private properties".[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As the notice is posted, I had to find another path to the stream. Here are two questions:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. How to distinguish the public land and the private properties? Is there any recently updated map?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. If someone accesses through a small creek, which is connected to the main stream, is this ok? or is there any possibility that some segment of the small creek is belonged to the private land?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sorry for the stupid question but this is serious problem for me now...[/FONT]

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember all section lines are open to public travel unless officially closed by the county.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
[FONT=&quot]After getting useful advices, I tried some streams for a month and now have other questions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I found some nice spot, some pull offs from road and checked the main stream is just 200ft away.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can walk few miles if it is needed but the problem was "private properties".[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As the notice is posted, I had to find another path to the stream. Here are two questions:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. How to distinguish the public land and the private properties? Is there any recently updated map?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. If someone accesses through a small creek, which is connected to the main stream, is this ok? or is there any possibility that some segment of the small creek is belonged to the private land?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sorry for the stupid question but this is serious problem for me now...[/FONT]

There was something’s changed about stream access in the last session that took away access to small streams. At least I know this was proposed. Of course no one bats an eye in the gray hair legislature when there are attempts to take away access to sportsmen.....

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If its posted land does the signs have a name on it, also since you have access to a computer you may want to look up a plats map to see if there is contact information for that land. also all adjacent water that connect to a large body of water is open to the public even if the land the water covers is private, no one owns water beside the government .

- - - Updated - - -

I should clarify about water if the water is not accessible because it happens to be land locked and cant be accessed by a section line of some sort then yes as far as i know that body of water would be considered private.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The OnX app helps tremendously with knowing what's private vs. public and who owns the land so you can get in contact if you want.

KCP

I only use the OnX app a couple times a year and every time I open it they seem to offer another 7 day trial for the state of your choosing, even though I’ve been a member in the past. They also have plenty of promo codes including “meateater” for a discount on membership.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74