Land for Youngsters to Hunt

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Greetings NDA Community!!! Time once again to get our youngsters into the field and out of their phones and computers for a time. I have some fair to midlin deer ground that needs a few young ones to hunt it. I have a ground blind as well as a double tree stand that can hold both the hunter and the parent in relative comfort. I already have a hunter for the opening weekend, but can still take an alternate for the opener and a primary/alternate for the second weekend. PM me or post your requests here. This is a first come first serve deal so whomever posts or pm's first has priority. I am helping a local producer with harvest right now so please bear with me. These 10 hour tractor days take a toll. Thanks!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super cool of you KDM.....Glad your back.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must have a very fast tractor that only drives to the East if you're able to shorten days to only 10hrs.

KJND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff Kirk! Are you around home this weekend?

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Take him up on it if you have a kid with a tag. My son bagged his first deer with KDM's help last year and was beaming. He's got some of the softer deer, too -- can even drop 'em with a 243.:;:thumbsup
Thanks again!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff Kirk! Are you around home this weekend?

Unfortunately no. Harvest has me tied up until Monday at the earliest. After that, I plan on doing my best to cavort with a couple cases of blue num nums. Then hit the honeydo list so hard it will register on the Richter Scale.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I now have a primary for both weekends. If there is a youngster that would like to be the secondary if the primary tags out, please let me know. Also, if there is a youngster that has a buck tag that goes unfilled during the youth season. Please let me know. I have a fair number of bucks walking around that would look good with a tag on their headgear. Thanks!!

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really enjoy seeing this post each year. Love what you are doing, KDM

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Success!!! First youngster tagged out last night. Nice fat doe!! Hopefully Dad gets on and fills in the details. Lots of smiles. Seeing youngsters be successful in the field has become the highlights of my fall activities. One done, One to go...........

mmanske

Founding Member
Founding Member
My nephew has a any deer tag to fill and would like a buck. Any chance him and I could come out next Saturday morning

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a youngster for next weekend for my stands, but if you're coming from Casselton, you could hunt most any evening during the week if you and he have time. I also have some pasture land that you could hunt, but the shots are most likely 200 or better. PM me what what you think.

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats on what you do KDM, I'm sure the young hunters will remember for a lifetime.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice kdm!!! May good luck shine on you!

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
7245DC9C-3D88-4F35-AE98-176197B115A0.jpeg
Big thanks to KDM for helping my daughter fill her tag again this year. This nice doe popped up about 6:15 and my daughter shot a little far back, but it still looked good. I could see blood coming out of the entrance hole before the doe disappeared into a shelter belt. Just to be safe we gave it a full hour before looking for the blood trail. Went to the spot where she was shot — nothing. Followed the trail to the shelter belt — nothing. Just before the shelter belt we saw a few drops of dark blood. Uh oh. Went back to KDM’s house and had some tasty dinner. Went back after dark and found a decent trail going through the belt into a bean field. Then we found a relatively fresh bed with wet blood. Got that sinking feeling that this deer was gone. After deliberating, we followed the strong blood trail and found another bed 20 yards further. Than another one 15 yards further. Then we found her! The 100 grain .243 bullet hit a rib and literally shattered so there was no exit hole. Made me proud as hell to have my daughter with and she (mostly) gutted it all by herself. Didn’t get home until midnight and it was well past 2 am before I had it deboned and in the fridge. Thanks again!

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
20181230_082211.jpg
Big thanks to KDM for helping my daughter fill her tag again this year. This nice doe popped up about 6:15 and my daughter shot a little far back, but it still looked good. I could see blood coming out of the entrance hole before the doe disappeared into a shelter belt. Just to be safe we gave it a full hour before looking for the blood trail. Went to the spot where she was shot — nothing. Followed the trail to the shelter belt — nothing. Just before the shelter belt we saw a few drops of dark blood. Uh oh. Went back to KDM’s house and had some tasty dinner. Went back after dark and found a decent trail going through the belt into a bean field. Then we found a relatively fresh bed with wet blood. Got that sinking feeling that this deer was gone. After deliberating, we followed the strong blood trail and found another bed 20 yards further. Than another one 15 yards further. Then we found her! The 100 grain .243 bullet hit a rib and literally shattered so there was no exit hole. Made me proud as hell to have my daughter with and she (mostly) gutted it all by herself. Didn’t get home until midnight and it was well past 2 am before I had it deboned and in the fridge. Thanks again!

congrats to her and nice doe!

Thanks KDM for doing this for the youngsters. Hats off to you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75