Top tier ND taxidermists

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
For anyone who has seen a fair amount of taxidermy work, who would you say are some of the best taxidermists in the state for big game? I'm not talking the cheapest. I mean the ones that do some of the absolute best work. And that isn't to say that guys who do work on the cheap end aren't good at what they do but you can't turn out a top end product and work at bottom end prices.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard great things about Risovi but I have never had anything mounted by him. J&K out of Horace,ND gets my vote. Jody does an amazing job and Karla keeps the ship tight! They do all of the Scheels "mountain" displays at their new stores. Great down to earth folks as well! Class acts

- - - Updated - - -

and yes I'm in the deer shack looking at the internet. So goes the times;:;banghead

Founding Member
Founding Member
Risovi won the world championship in the masters division for deer.
I doesnt get much better than that.
Dakota taxidemy wins national awards pretty much every single year.

Whitetail56

For anyone who has seen a fair amount of taxidermy work, who would you say are some of the best taxidermists in the state for big game? I'm not talking the cheapest. I mean the ones that do some of the absolute best work. And that isn't to say that guys who do work on the cheap end aren't good at what they do but you can't turn out a top end product and work at bottom end prices.

Wild things taxidermy in sheyenne nd.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don Hanson Sheyenne took first place North America a few years ago, but he is 81 years old and turning down some work now. He sends customers to Resovi in New Rockfor and I second the opion that he is perhaps the best in North Dakota.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about for bird taxidermy now looks like plenty of good ones out there for for deer. I'd imagine the guys doing quality work do it regardless of the animal if they don't just specialize in a certain one.?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about for bird taxidermy now looks like plenty of good ones out there for for deer. I'd imagine the guys doing quality work do it regardless of the animal if they don't just specialize in a certain one.?
Yeah most of the ones that do great deer also do great with everything. I've had quite a few mounts done by Jody Slusher of J&K and he's excellent with everything.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sportsman's Taxidermy in EGF is about as museum quality as they come. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

(I realize that's technically not "in" ND, however it's close)

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to get a deer done by Risovi. I usually take my stuff to Dusty Sicble (Wet & Wild Taxidermy). He does really good work, but he posted something saying he is backed up and not taking any new customers this year.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
in talking with my taxi here yesterday the covid has made shipping hides/receiving hides very difficult he just got his January hides back in june. so it probably depends on where the location of the tanning services happen so i would imagine a lot of taxis are backed up

nevada miller is outstanding in mandan but i dont know how much he is taking new clients.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if Wayne Zespy of Lakota is still doing taxidermy but he was as good as they come.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if Wayne Zespy of Lakota is still doing taxidermy but he was as good as they come.

he still does fish. Just had my ole man pick a smallie up for my son. This was 2 weeks ago.
Does exceptional work on fish can’t speak on anything else

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85