night stalker pissing~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Little extreme but f'em ,the lefties are knuckle heads.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, but it wasn't a liberal lefty that got cut, it was a city worker doing what was asked of him by his boss. And that is removing something that wasn't conforming to code.

I am guessing they will eventually charge the homeowner on this one.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
so zero chance the city worker was up to shenanigans and then came up w an excuse when it went south?

probably not zero percent

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
so zero chance the city worker was up to shenanigans and then came up w an excuse when it went south?

probably not zero percent

And then got his supervisor to rewrite city code and issue the removal order in hindsight?

I dunno, seems a little too conspiracy theory'ish for me. I'd suggest Occam's Razor applies.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to WDIV, the homeowner said she has had several campaign signs for President Donald Trump stolen, including a large banner. She said she told sheriff's deputies that some signs disappeared from her yard recently but were returned. She said she had been unaware of the razor blades.
The signs are supposed to be no closer then 33 feet from the center of the road, the woman who had several of her signs stolen was 9 feet to close to the center of the road. Give me a fucking break, if this would have been a slippery biden sign a bet a dollar nothing would have been said.
Honey can you hold the dumb end of the tape measure and go stand in the middle of the road so I can make sure my sign is 33 feet from the center of our street. eyes rolling smdh

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
And then got his supervisor to rewrite city code and issue the removal order in hindsight?

I dunno, seems a little too conspiracy theory'ish for me. I'd suggest Occam's Razor applies.

Who's to say they're not both dems and were selectively removing Trump signs?

I guess if you want to take every story as reported as gospel it's up to you. I'm slow to swallow almost any story as written these days.

THIS supervisor??

Commerce Township Supervisor Dave Scott told NBC affiliate WDIV in Detroit that his employee initially thought he had been electrified and then looked at his hand and saw that he was "bleeding aggressively."

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Commerce Township supervisor being investigated by Michigan State Police for perjury[/h]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

5b578f1be36fa.image.jpg

Commerce Township Supervisor David Scott
Oakland Press file

David Scott, Commerce Township's supervisor, is being investigated by the Michigan State Police for statements on an election affidavit filed earlier this year in his bid for re-election.
According to Joe Rozell, Oakland County elections director, Scott is running as a write-in candidate for re-election. He is accused of signing an affidavit confirming that statements, reports, late filing fees, and fines due from the candidate or committee organized to support the candidate have been filed or paid.
According to the Michigan campaign finance laws, false claims are considered perjury, a felony punishable by a fine up to $1,000.00 or imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both and may result in disqualification from the ballot.
- Advertisement -

Scott had $3,000 in outstanding county fines for not filing his quarterly and annual campaign finance reports since his 2016 election. To be eligible to run, Scott needed to pay the fines and submit the reports.
Rozell said on April 8, that Scott paid the $3,000 in campaign fines before filing his affidavit of identity with the Commerce Township clerk's office to run as a Republican for re-election. But he did not submit his outstanding campaign finance reports. Scott then signed and filed the affidavit, which was then faxed to the county. Shortly thereafter, Rozell said the county informed Scott of his situation.
On Friday, State Police Lt. Mike Shaw, confirmed to The Oakland Press that an investigation into the affidavit began last week. The county filed a complaint with the sheriff's office, which turned it over to the state police, according to Undersheriff Michael McCabe.
"He had ignored our office for three years, not filing any of his campaign finance reports and not paying any fines associated with the lack of filings of those reports," Rozell told The Oakland Press. "Under state law, any officeholder that owes the county or state reports or fines cannot be placed on the ballot for re-election."
According to county election records, Scott was given 11 late filing fee notices July 2016 through February 2020 for not submitting various campaign statements and reports to the county on time. Before being fined, Scott was given 11 failure to file notices, each of which were sent to the Michigan Attorney General's Office after nine days had passed and the required filings were still not submitted.
When contacted by The Oakland Press on Friday, Scott said he knew nothing about the investigation and did not offer any further comment.
In an earlier interview, Scott told The Oakland Press that he contacted the county clerk’s office before the April 21 filing deadline, but that the office ignored his attempts to assist him in filing outstanding documents and paying late fees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rozell says those statements are simply not true, in noting the clerk's office was open by appointment only during the pandemic and that the county had made repeated attempts, over the years, to notify Scott of his situation.
On April 15, after the late filing fees were paid, Rozell said the county reached out to Scott to advise him that the $3,000 payment was received but that the campaign reports were still due to the county.

At this time, Scott was given the option of either being disqualified from the ballot and fling as a write-in or withdrawing his candidacy and filing as a write-in. He chose the later and on April 29, the outstanding statements and reports were officially filed with county.
"Rather than accepting personal responsibility for ignoring our office for three years, he's saying this is some kind of partisan thing that we refused to help him," said Rozell. "These things are frankly not true."
Scott, a former Oakland County Sheriff's deputy, is currently serving as a Republican but running as a write-in candidate for re-election. He has three opponents, also all write-in candidates.

[/FONT]

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/new...cle_a5a5ca32-d34d-11ea-95cb-7b1bf7f85f79.html

- - - Updated - - -

Could be a nevertrumper.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, sure could be. But that requires me to make assumptions that are not in either article.

Don't take me the wrong way here as I like to think I can draw conclusions as well as most when the data is there, I'm just missing data here.

I guess I just don't like to automatically think the worst of people.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, sure could be. But that requires me to make assumptions that are not in either article.

Don't take me the wrong way here as I like to think I can draw conclusions as well as most when the data is there, I'm just missing data here.

I guess I just don't like to automatically think the worst of people.

I always think the worst of people, and rarely have been wrong.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always think the worst of people, and rarely have been wrong.

Solid defensive strategy, but certainly not how I want to go forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably why I am twice divorced. Refused to think the worst of my bride. And yes, it has cost me dearly.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76