Backpack leaf blower

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-23...ickid=TGd3:1SGNxyOWKiwUx0Mo3bzUkiXnZXGPVIjVU0
Echo PB-770
1598840772-echo-pb-770h-1598840720.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JL05I4/?tag=nodakangler10-20
Husqvarna 570BTS

51Q5Ow1bHkL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br600/
BR 600

br600.jpg
I kind of narrowed it down to these three, which type of leaf blower you use, I have a very heavy wooded 1.5 acre lot that has huge oak and ash trees. I want a leaf blower that is going to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Maybe these are too much for what I am thinking but am looking for advice as to which one I should buy.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I didnt get to the leaves figuring I would do it in the spring, with how many leaves are in my yard that was twice as hard to do, even making several small burn piles was just more work then I would care to repeat.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have the BR 600 Mag. Between home with 2 acres as well as farm, ours gets a lot of use/abuse. Been very happy with Stihl products including blower, chain saw, and weed wacker. Quality products IMO.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The LC company I worked @ years ago ran all echo & we had good luck with them.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need Tommyboy to chime in on this thread. If you're going to get one go all out. These don't have a big enough tube in my opinion....get bigger. Look at Acme Tools.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
bought my husky blower 20 years ago,finally replaced the spark plug this spring,zero issues,leaf blowers are convienient to clear sidewalks and patios all summer for me,,I have over 30 full size tree's at my place,the worst is a silver maple at least 12' in diameter,dumps leaves late in november,knee deep piles,no match for the blower so grind them up into mulch with the rider,nothing left by spring

i have echo products and stihl as well all are very good with proper care and fuel(non oxy) you'll pay extra for the stihl name but a good product.think my stihl chain saw is 30 years old,handed down by my pop's many years ago bless his soul.

hard to get places or wet fall leaves get a match come warm spring winds.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need Tommyboy to chime in on this thread. If you're going to get one go all out. These don't have a big enough tube in my opinion....get bigger. Look at Acme Tools.

I currently own the Echo PB770T. The "T" denotes the throttle being on the handle vs on the hip like the one shown. Echo is above and beyond Stihl in terms of quality. The Echo engines are built with tighter tolerances. Hence the 5 year warranty on Echo vs 3 year on Sthil. I use my backpack year round. Its great to blow snow up to 1-3" depending on how wet it is. When you step up into a backpack blower vs a handheld, your CFMs go way up and you will notice how it takes less time to blow stuff because your moving just that much more air. CFM over MPH is what you really need to keep an eye on. I wouldnt touch that Husqvarna even with MMs dick. Dont get caught up in the Sthil name. If it weren't for their chainsaws, they would've gone belly up many years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Lunker, look at the Echo BP-8010. 80cc, 1080 cfm, 44 N force, 211 mph.

This one will literally blow you over if your not careful while operating. Its an awesome machine!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
well as long as you have been on NDA you have always been unemployed how do you know so much about leaf blowers :;:
Thanks for the input and I will be definalty looking at the echo option more closely, can I ask why dont you care for the Husqvarna

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Own a Stihl hand held gas operated combi unit since '99. Only one easily fixed problem. spark arrestor plugged and wouldn't run well. Very easy fix. Been Bullet Proof since day one otherwise. Two spark plug changes is all. Again non ethanol gas. Bullet proof. Starts easy once you figure out how to do it correctly. Not exactly what you are looking for in a blower but the Stihl name doesn't mean trash!! I have a blower, garden tiller, edger and weed trimmer attatchments for the unit so it does get a workout. Have replaced the weed trimmer after 13 years. Head unit still starts and runs like a charm.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think anyone said Stihl was trash, but their chainsaws are definitely the best they offer. Tommyboy has extensive knowledge of these products, brand names, performance, and issues. Hard to beat Echo these days, just like a lot of Milwaukee products.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can’t believe I invested in Echo years ago. And Milwaukee.

I usually find out I invested wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

My luck has changed.

Look out stock market - here I come!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to work for Railroad. Used for blowing snow from switches. Used both Stihl, and Husqvarna. Stihl was a better unit.
To be honest you would be way ahead of the game just getting a lawn sweeper. Leaves get hung up in the grass terribly bad. Have Stihl handheld I use around the house and shrubs.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the Stihl, got one for blowing out grain bins, combines, batwing mowers and everything else you can think of, never let me down. If you have machinery the real deal is a 185 cfm Sullair, ask me how I know!

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stihl would be my preference, strictly because there a bunch of dealers and parts readily available. That being said, I haven't heard anything negative about Husqvarna or Echo.

I don't own a leaf blower, but do have a Stihl chainsaw and Stihl trimmer. Spark plugs and carburetors are the only issues I've had, from lack of use.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75