Backpack leaf blower

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i finally bought one a couple of years ago. no clue why i waited so long. one of the better "tools" i've ever purchased. i use it way more than i ever expected i would. mine's a cheaper poulan. but, it works great.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchased a Stihl leaf blower about 12 years ago and I've done nothing to it other than put fuel in it. I use it weekly to blow out all the dog hair from the garage and to keep the area around the house free of cobwebs and leaves. I'd miss my leaf blower more than my lawn mower if I had to part with one of them.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any experience with the stihl or any other brand blowers that are battery operated? I have the stihl combi with a blower and other attachments, was considering a battery blower for the wife to use around the patio for leaves/cobwebs/light snow and such. I've used an EGO one in the past, had decent power but wasn't overly impressed with battery life. Be nice to see the wife blow something for once, this may be my chance...

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any experience with the stihl or any other brand blowers that are battery operated? I have the stihl combi with a blower and other attachments, was considering a battery blower for the wife to use around the patio for leaves/cobwebs/light snow and such. I've used an EGO one in the past, had decent power but wasn't overly impressed with battery life. Be nice to see the wife blow something for once, this may be my chance...

We bought the Stihl battery blower, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, and pole chainsaw since moving to AZ as didn't want to deal with gas and gas getting old in the machines from non-use. They all work good but not near as powerful as gas. They make 2 different voltages of batteries and our blower is the less voltage one so would have liked to try the larger voltage one but didn't have it on hand when we needed it.
The blower works good for blowing pine needles and junk off driveway and the deck. I don't know about cobwebs though as some of those suckers are super strong and sticky and hard to blow.
My advice is find someone who has one local to try before you buy. I would have waited for the larger voltage one if doing it again but like i said they aren't as powerful as gas.

kernel

I kind of narrowed it down to these three, which type of leaf blower you use, I have a very heavy wooded 1.5 acre lot that has huge oak and ash trees. I want a leaf blower that is going to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Maybe these are too much for what I am thinking but am looking for advice as to which one I should buy.

Which brand is the best for backpack leaf blower?

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im looking at getting an ECHO 810 for blowing snow. Anyone have issues with theirs in the winter when its really cold?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im looking at getting an ECHO 810 for blowing snow. Anyone have issues with theirs in the winter when its really cold?

2 stroke unit, shouldn't have a problem. Just like an ice auger. Have not personally used the Echo, but both the Stihl and Husqvarna for blowing out RR switches. Problem free, start, warm-up couple minutes, giver hell.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I misspoke when I bought the echo 8010 when i actually shindaiwa 854 that was 50 dollars cheaper a very similar spec as the echo
It took me just a little over 4 hours to get the leaves where I wanted them to go lots of operator error at first since I have never used a leaf blower like this before. It is heavy on the back weighing in at close to 30 pounds when full of fuel so that can be a judgment call if you want a blower that is on the heavy side. It took me exactly on tank full to complete my job and I may have not needed such a big machine for such a short time job. I guess I didn't know that when I was looking for a leaf blower since the first time I did it it took me all day to rake up and burn the leaves in my yard. its an investment that if I ever need to blow snow or what ever I have a very good well built machine that can get the job done in a short amount of time.
Thanks again for everyone's help
https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tool...QRUslngi5qgiikBQ8PwFUA7Ir3AH8ReRoCBxQQAvD_BwE

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of my yard tools are Stihl, and I can honestly say the newest one being the weed whacker is an absolute mother fucker to start.
I bet I have to pull that fucking cord 35 times every single time I want to start it.
Chain saw 2nd pull or sometimes first, leaf blower 1-2, weeder is going to get the old BFH treatment if it does it again next spring.

It is a complete day ruiner, I am hot, pissed, dirty, and screaming at the family because of it..

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take it to someone who know carbs or is it EFI? Someone should be able to fix it. Did it do this since new JR? Have you tried some SeaFoam in the gas?
I hate things that won't start. All of my Stihl chain saws i have had throughout the years 2 pulls max and they were running.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75