Nitro zv20

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone on here run the Nitro ZV20 this year? Looking at getting one of these. Curious if anyone has fished out of one or owns one. What ya think of the new style gunnel? Looks kinda goofy. How is performance? The one I am looking at has the 300 PROXS and all the other bells and whistles. Thanks for the info!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Skip the 20 and get the 21. The cost diff is minimal and mostly only for the bigger engine that the 21s are rated for. Heck, power the 21 with a 300 which is more than adequate and I bet the cost difference is less than a few grand all thing being equal. The ride, room, storage, and comfort will be better on the 21 also. Really, the only reason to get a 20 is if your storage or garage won’t fit the extra 1ft to foot and a half. I’ve never understood the desire to run a 20 ftr of any brand or figured out there popularity over the same brands 21.

and before someone jumps me, I’m all about maxing out the hp for a given hull however if it means the difference between a 20 ft boat with a 300 or a 21 ft boat with a 300, I’ll take the 21 every day of the week.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey short, if you had to justify everything you buy, you wouldn't own anything and certainly would have that bottle of Bourbon to sip on! Sometimes it's about buying shit you want, not that you need. Hell if I only bought stuff I need, I'd be a damn wealthy man, probably not very happy, and way more miserable to be around than I already am, lol.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey short, if you had to justify everything you buy, you wouldn't own anything and certainly would have that bottle of Bourbon to sip on! Sometimes it's about buying shit you want, not that you need. Hell if I only bought stuff I need, I'd be a damn wealthy man, probably not very happy, and way more miserable to be around than I already am, lol.

I have a boat --- it will take one any wave a that that tracker will take --- I just cant go as fast and it does not sparkle :;:help. Girls want toons thats all they care about anymore--- tri toons tri toons tri toons -- i suppose i will hang my head and have to purchase one. My wife looks at a sparkle boat and all she sees is a payment --- she looks at a toon and and her legs go apart.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
happy wife happy life.............enjoy your new tri-toon.........................lol ;:;rofl

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a boat --- it will take one any wave a that that tracker will take --- I just cant go as fast and it does not sparkle :;:help. Girls want toons thats all they care about anymore--- tri toons tri toons tri toons -- i suppose i will hang my head and have to purchase one. My wife looks at a sparkle boat and all she sees is a payment --- she looks at a toon and and her legs go apart.

IMHO, more than enough reason to buy a pontoon.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with SLE. Do the 21 with the 300pro xs. All the motor you’d ever need for that boat.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

what year is this?

what planet am I on?

what happened?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shorthairs, running from Hennegar to Pelican sans the need for a rain-suit OR Ibuprofen is justification enough.

Jim Carroll

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone on here run the Nitro ZV20 this year? Looking at getting one of these. Curious if anyone has fished out of one or owns one. What ya think of the new style gunnel? Looks kinda goofy. How is performance? The one I am looking at has the 300 PROXS and all the other bells and whistles. Thanks for the info!

In my opinion you should compare the Nitro ZV 20 with a 300 ProXS to the ZV 21 with a 400 Verado. The two boats are pretty similar in many ways. Also, if you are on Facebook look up the "Nitro ZV Nation" Facebook group- hundreds of owners, with rigging advice, boats for sale, etc. A great resource for Nitro information...

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member

I ran a ZV 20 this year. Absolutely awesome boat! Coming from a 2017 620FS, I like this boat much better for ride and internal rigid build. Way less plastic crap rattling loose etc.

There are some differences from the 20 to 21. Mainly the fit and finish is a bit nicer in the 20, just for the fact it's a newer design. There's also more storage options than in the 21. The 20 has availability for a ski pole which works very well. As far as ride, I think they're different but both exceptional! You will lose 2-5 MPH with the 20 depending on set ups. The 300 Pro XS gets it out of the hole crazy fast! It also consumes gas at 21 GPH WOT versus 34sih on the 400 Verado.

To me, it's a question of, do you need to go 62 MPH, or are you ok with 57-60? That's my take. Jim provided the facebook link to a very helpful page as to others insights.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
The nitros are nice boats and they are definitely selling a lot of em these days. Personal preference to me tho is im not a fan of the giant lettering on the side or the black window frames.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75