• Camera doesnt bother no one

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Camera scares away the big waldo!!!

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you think that an underwater camera scares the fish -- another words the camera scares the fish away
or do you think it has no effect?

Not that i want to think about ice fishing - but depressing enough the time will come.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe the initial sight of the camera but if you are using a camera that looks like a fish it seems to attract fish, i use an underwater camera on devils in the submerged tree areas of the lake, when you are just drilling holes looking for fish, check the Vex, and marking fish. I will set up my trap and drop the camera down to have a looksee once the sediment settles and water becomes clearer the fish will come back only to piss you off because they all have lock jaw.;:;banghead

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe the initial sight of the camera but if you are using a camera that looks like a fish it seems to attract fish, i use an underwater camera on devils in the submerged tree areas of the lake, when you are just drilling holes looking for fish, check the Vex, and marking fish. I will set up my trap and drop the camera down to have a looksee once the sediment settles and water becomes clearer the fish will come back only to piss you off because they all have lock jaw.;:;banghead

This is funny, and true. Fishing with a buddy yesterday, and we were discussing what's worse - to go all day and not SEE a fish, or to see them follow, but not hit.

Personally, I like to even just look at fish. I'd rather see a fish and not catch it, than not see them and not catch them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
cameras are generally ignored

JK, every time I hook a really good fish I mumble to myself the entire fight "I just want to see it.... I just want to see it"

hell for me is losing a big one and not knowing size/species

all the while galwhofishes laughs incredulously in the background asking "Why!??? you weirdo"

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
cameras are generally ignored

JK, every time I hook a really good fish I mumble to myself the entire fight "I just want to see it.... I just want to see it"

hell for me is losing a big one and not knowing size/species

all the while galwhofishes laughs incredulously in the background asking "Why!??? you weirdo"

I am heartbroken every time I have something big, and lose it before seeing it - even if I have no intention of keeping it. I ALWAYS want to at least see it.

Wimmin-folk... they're from the devil.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you would have to set up a camera to watch the camera. But wait....oh so confused

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
[MENTION=324]JayKay[/MENTION], have you recently hooked a fish and lost it before seeing it or maybe even twice in a 10 minute span? I know, I know....you caught more than I did.

Short, I don't think the camera will scare the fish, especially if it is stationary.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is funny, and true. Fishing with a buddy yesterday, and we were discussing what's worse - to go all day and not SEE a fish, or to see them follow, but not hit.

Personally, I like to even just look at fish. I'd rather see a fish and not catch it, than not see them and not catch them.

If this is true then you need to get into musky fishing, I see a lot of them, a lot being relative to musky fishing, when do get out doing it and they follow tease at the boat and cant get them to bite, it is exiting but frustrating as hell.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think a camera scares fish.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don’t use cameras for fishing I just wait to see them when they come up the hole .

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i dont think the camera bothers them but alot of fish must get tangled in the cord?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
@JayKay, have you recently hooked a fish and lost it before seeing it or maybe even twice in a 10 minute span? I know, I know....you caught more than I did.

Short, I don't think the camera will scare the fish, especially if it is stationary.

bucket of Dion.jpg

two fish and Sluggo all in the same bucket.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76