pistol help

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes me think i should take the chop saw to my H&R double 6 so it fits in my coat pocket . It don't shoot for shit anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

It''s did everything I asked of it except hit in the same place twice.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I want something I can drop in the mud, leave in the pickup over night at -50, and still fire. Revolver baby. For a pickeup gun, 357.

from what I have read and heard it sounds like your describing a glock

- - - Updated - - -

I have lined up a glock, Springfield xdm, a sig, and don’t know what brand of 1911 to shoot so far. I will see what makes me feel all tingly and go that direction

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm anti-automatics lol. My dad shot a double side by side, and I do to. I've seen too many autos (and pumps) jam, especially in the cold. And I don't hunt with very many different people. Rifles, I shoot a bolt. I have one auto, a 22 rifle. It's always worked, but like I said, for in the truck, personally, I'd go revolver. Hell, there's too many moving parts in them damn auto for me anyway. I hate cleaning guns and taking them apart. When I pick one up I expect it to go bang....EVERY TIME. If I every start to CC, I may consider an auto, but will probably go with revolver.

- - - Updated - - -

20200824_104801.jpg
Just got my wife this little 32 cal. I like it but think that a 327 would be a good choice. They will fire 32 magnum rounds. After a little snooping around I think those 32 mag ammo are pretty sweet. Plenty of fire power IMO. IDK for a bear �� but for those beasts I'd want a 44 mag

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm anti-automatics lol. My dad shot a double side by side, and I do to. I've seen too many autos (and pumps) jam, especially in the cold. And I don't hunt with very many different people. Rifles, I shoot a bolt. I have one auto, a 22 rifle. It's always worked, but like I said, for in the truck, personally, I'd go revolver. Hell, there's too many moving parts in them damn auto for me anyway. I hate cleaning guns and taking them apart. When I pick one up I expect it to go bang....EVERY TIME. If I every start to CC, I may consider an auto, but will probably go with revolver.

- - - Updated - - -

96D35596-7588-41F6-9470-DE34E173C5A9.jpeg
Just got my wife this little 32 cal. I like it but think that a 327 would be a good choice. They will fire 32 magnum rounds. After a little snooping around I think those 32 mag ammo are pretty sweet. Plenty of fire power IMO. IDK for a bear �� but for those beasts I'd want a 44 mag

If you can't clean a Glock you probably can't brush your own teeth.

You know I like 1911's but I'll be carrying a Glock if I have the privilege to retrieve an elk this year in bear country. They just do not fail.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not that I can't, but WANT. Like I said, I want it to perform after being left in truck -50. Oh and after dropping it in the mud lol. Autos have too many moving parts. I'll stick to my double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles, and revolvers for hand guns.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree wheel guns are pretty trouble free usually.
I have both wheel and semi auto, enjoyed shooting each but wheeled is pretty much as simple as it gets.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bear is about 1% of the reason i want it. Its more for riding in the pickup for shit hit the fan situation but i will practice alot because i enjoy shooting

I worry more about some of the two-legged animals more than bears.

- - - Updated - - -

from what I have read and heard it sounds like your describing a glock

- - - Updated - - -

I have lined up a glock, Springfield xdm, a sig, and don’t know what brand of 1911 to shoot so far. I will see what makes me feel all tingly and go that direction

Next time you get to Bismarck, look me up. I have a Glock 19 (9MM) and Springfield XD Mod 2 (9MM) that you could try. I live in South Bismarck. You could take 'em to the range, and bring 'em back when you're done.

Also have a 1911 in .45, but I know you're not interested in that caliber.

I doubt that 9MM would stop a bear, but I dunno if a 10 would either. Like you said though, you're not buying one for bear.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77