Magazines?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are old magazines worth anything? Do people even read them anymore now days? I got a ton of old magazines. ND Outdoors, Dakota Country, Outdoor life, Wildfowl, National Wildlife, Nat Geo, Popular Science and Mechanics, etc. Nothing real old, some from the '60s I believe. Do they bring anything at auction sales or are they just dumpster material?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might want to see if you can get'em shipped overseas to the deployed troopers. I know I appreciated something from home when I was over there. The USO or your local recruiter might be able to help. Just a thought.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Before all this stuff going on I used to take them to the VA and leave them in waiting rooms. As an old Vet pointed out to me 40 years ago, if you have seen them they're "new" to you.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today I just burned 2 boxes of sports illustrated from.the 70s and 80s. A couple were twins world series related. Made me sad. But, no place for them in my house and they were going to shit in my barn.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it comes down to the burn barrel I'd at least pull some of the older Popular science and popular mechanics , Especially if they have cover appeal . I'd put them in a plastic tub and find a spot for them. The interest and value of old magazines and books and antiques in general has swung towards anything that a prepper could make use of.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tape a bunch together and see how many you can shoot through.

Reminds me of the days when I'd juice up my daisy with 3 in one sewing machine oil and challenge my cousins to see who could put a dimple or dent into the most pages of a sears and Roebuck.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Might want to see if you can get'em shipped overseas to the deployed troopers. I know I appreciated something from home when I was over there. The USO or your local recruiter might be able to help. Just a thought.
I did that, when 3geese4me was out of country.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Hustler, Penthouse, Cherry.....

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's sad, isn't it? I used to work in print. First newspapers, then magazines. I really loved it -- but I think I was born a generation too late. Personally, I've stopped all magazine subscriptions. With everything available online, the physical copy just creates more clutter. Plus (and let's be real here) there hasn't been an original story or how-to hunting related article in a loooong time. If I need an article about "10 tips to train your retriever," I'll Google search and pick from one of the fist 75 or 80 that pop up a half second later.

Times, they are a change-in'

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79