Coyote hunting Mackenzie county

Creativity

I have pulled an e2 cow elk tag. I plan to coyote hunt after my elk hunt in Mackenzie county and Dunn county

If anyone has any advice on where to hunt or any private land that I could access for coyote hunting I would very much appreciate the information thank you!

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Creativity, do you really need help with every species you plan on hunting?

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have pulled an e2 cow elk tag. I plan to coyote hunt after my elk hunt in Mackenzie county and Dunn county

If anyone has any advice on where to hunt or any private land that I could access for coyote hunting I would very much appreciate the information thank you!

Pick up a PLOTS book or go to their web site. It will show all the state and federal land and PLOTS land open to hunting. Lots of land open to hunting out there. Use Google Earth to zoom in on parcels to find roads and trails for access to those hard to find spots. Google Earth has saved me tons of work when I need to find a way in to a remote site. Just be sure you don't cross private land without permission even if there are well defined trails.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a pretty valid reach-out to farmers/ranchers that just might want coyotes raided out imho.. From my experience, I like hunting my domestic 40 square mile area where I know the area/landowners (who they are, why they post it and what they tolerate) and I know where hunting others landowner's foreign property where they say "oh yeaaaa if you're coyote hunting; he/they won't give a shit..." How does a guy know?? You never know who you're going to run across and/or who doesn't want a single soul near their land no matter what.
Personally, I see no harm in asking while in foreign land because I drive by some prime calling land with years old posted signs questioning if they'd mind me calling yotes outside of deer season.. If I have the time I'll try to track them down but typically I will go settle for some inferior unposted stuff to save the time to use that time to run & gun. Just my couple pennies on the subject.

Last edited:

Creativity

Well getting to know people and starting to talk to people that have actually been out there is exactly what a form is for.

Life is about the people you know and the connections you make. I stumbled upon this form and tons of people have reached out to help me some of them offered advice some of them offered more but I have made a couple of friends in the process which is by far more valuable.

Once again thanks to everyone that has helped out and I look forward to getting the opportunity to maybe hunt with some of you!

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would just sit over the gut pile from your cow, you should see them

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be best to go back after elk season? I would hate to have my elk hunt ruined by someone hunting coyotes that time of year.

Creativity

You do make a very good point I would hate to ruin someone else's elk hunt... the only reason I want to hunt now is it's my only time off and I can always move away from the elk

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74