East Devil's Lake - Any help is greatly appreciated

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could hire one of the 200 guides on devils lake. They could set you up on some good spots for a price as they are expert fisherman and ethics wizards.

So Ca Transplant

Ok everyone. I know it's a little late but better late than never....here are the pics of my catch from my first day on Devils Lake. It certainly will not be my last as I am planning heading out this Sat. Who knows maybe I'll even give ice fishing a try....oh who am I kidding....I know I will give it a try.
Enjoy the pics....it is a direct result of the all of the kind suggestions from everyone I received here. 35 inch Northern Pike.jpg 3Oct2020 Catch of the Day.jpg

Attachments

35 inch Northern Pike 3Oct2020.jpg

So Ca Transplant

Enslow,

Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate your suggestion of hiring a guide. I am sure that most of them are very good at what they do, however, the hunter instinct in me enjoys the thrill and intellectual exercise of figuring a lot of things out by personal trial and error. And it's a little like an adventure for me as well.
However, I am seriously considering hiring a guide service for my first ice fishing outing because that is completely out of my wheelhouse and the fact that I do not have an ATV or truck or fish house, let alone even an ice fishing pole or a pop-up is a little bigger learning curve than I may want to tackle on my own.
Again, thank you for the suggestion and would greatly appreciate an ice fishing guide referral that I can hire solo without breaking the bank would greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Everyone,
So I do have a geographical error I feel compelled to correct. So I originally thought I previously fished the bridge on the 20, but after reviewing the map a little closer, I realized that I was actually on the Southeast side of the bridge on the 57 just south of the 20.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
so cal guy.... can't help but think your a stubborn swede that migrated to north dakota...lol,Thats me in a nut shell just one of many(1000's) of Peterson's here in minnesota.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76