SB 2315 / Lockout

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd think this guy would have bigger 'problems' to work on in the legislature...

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course it will. The farm bureau and stockman’s association leaders will see to that.

Erberle is something else. When I spoke to him 2 years ago and asked why he was pushing so hard for this bill, he gave me a Biden-esque mumbling response about how so many people are pushing for it he just wants to see it get done so they can move on. Now he’s trying to refer to a different section of the century code to make it look like he’s doing sportsmen a favor. Like it won’t have the exact same consequences.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sen. Erble said in a public meeting in early Jan. 2020 that he would not advance or take part in a further effort with 2315. Now he is doing so. He lied. This bill, as an proposal, was defeated in a house floor vote. And they are going to bring it back again. If this concept had popular support then landowners and sportsmen would be clamoring for it. Neither group is doing so.

And you can bet your ass that the new effort will heard in the Ag Committee again. For a hunting bill no less.

We as North Dakotans sure seem to like to vote for the liberal guys that sport an R next to their party name.

Burgum is the leader of this Republican in name only (rino) bullshit we have going on in our great state. Love that my children are loosing their childhood once in a lifetime experiences to "pandemics", and now potential land access in our easy to hunt state, to a dozen dickheads squeaking the loudest.

dustit

Here are my questions that I have posed and even asked NDGNF with this electronic posting study.

1. How was the electronic posting study funded and how will it be funded moving forward? I would hope that it is not done with NDGNF money which equates to hunters paying for it but not in favor of it.

2. What is the criteria and the results that were used to define if the pilot study was a success? In the previous mentioned article in The Forum, it states "Erbele said the test study appears to be a success..."

I would urge hunters and outdoors men and women to get involved on this subject early this year as it continues to be a hot topic.

The NDGNF has their fall advisory meetings scheduled for Nov 30 and Dec 1 with the ability to pose questions prior to and during the meeting. This seems like an opportune time too ask more questions and get answers regarding this subject. Link to the meeting information below.

https://gf.nd.gov/news/4166

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody know how many new legislators will be taking office this session?

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here are my questions that I have posed and even asked NDGNF with this electronic posting study.

1. How was the electronic posting study funded and how will it be funded moving forward? I would hope that it is not done with NDGNF money which equates to hunters paying for it but not in favor of it.

2. What is the criteria and the results that were used to define if the pilot study was a success? In the previous mentioned article in The Forum, it states "Erbele said the test study appears to be a success..."

I would urge hunters and outdoors men and women to get involved on this subject early this year as it continues to be a hot topic.

The NDGNF has their fall advisory meetings scheduled for Nov 30 and Dec 1 with the ability to pose questions prior to and during the meeting. This seems like an opportune time too ask more questions and get answers regarding this subject. Link to the meeting information below.

I encourage you to keep bringing these questions up cause they are very good questions that need to be answered!

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It may somehow benefit me but i have and will continue to say no. I can get out of my vehicle and put a no hunting signs up unlike some it appears and i do post land for certain land owners at theirs or my request.

As it now stands unless your a land owner your chances of getting deer tag is not good, then if your a land owner you can get more than one elk tag, and then the land owners want all land to themselves by making all land posted without having to do anything and then there is the question of the gratis tag which is probably the most abuse reg in the book by said land owners.

Land owners when is it enough for you? db

But as a non-land owner (gave what land i had to my kids) i have been lucky with certain land owners and also have been able to get all i need. Just ask and most will be your friend and for some they are starving for someone to visit with.
If there is not a sign up they will just go and hunt on it anyways. db

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
During the last legislature I like to think I was active in contacting legislature members by email concerning Bill 2315 and that I opposed it. I was surprised by the number of the responses I received, some that were for and some that were against, including responses from members from other districts than where I reside. I was disappointed with adding of the ‘electronic posting study’ to Bill 1021 in the eleventh hour prior to the vote. I was even more disappointed with some of the responses I received after the Bill 1021 passage, some claimed they were not aware the study had been added to the bill, and some claiming it was only to be a study and no system could really be developed because there was no appropriations for it. I questioned the latter at the time (without receiving further response as I recall) as creation of a system albeit for study purposes is described in the bill along with contracting with third party(s), and as I understood it Bill 1021 was an appropriations bill after all. There was no estimate of cost that I can see in Bill 1021 and I too would be interested in hearing how much has been spent so far and where it came from, along with future costs. I fear the monies already spent may be significant and will be used as another so-called rationale used by proponents for pushing this thing forward. As this map data is supposedly so readily available and easy to manage and these draft bills are purported not to be an anti-hunting bills I wonder why there is no mention of including such map data as all lands accessible to the public such as which road right of ways are gov’t owned and would open to hunting, possibly other lands which may not be readily known by the public and would be open to hunting (one type I have heard discussed is DOT mitigation lands as I recall), and other information that would be useful to hunter-landowner relations such as which section lines have actually been legally closed to travel by the township, etc.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we get near the end and this thing looks like it may pass we need go get someone to attach an amendment to open ditches up like SD. If they can use “neighboring states” BS then so can we

dustit

A reminder NDGNF meetings are tonight and tomorrow night with starting times of 7 PM Central Time. Link below. This is our chance to ask questions and get answers!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes aside from an initiated measure to allow ditch hunting I think we need to eliminate the landowners exemption from lawsuits for injuries on their land etc since they will have this new trespass law they should be forced to be treated like the rest of us peasants

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ag groups prioritizing private property & infrastructure for upcoming session

The upcoming ND Legislative Session will be challenging compared to previous sessions as the Legislature manages to find the balance between social distancing and public input
Posted: Dec 21, 2020 / 08:32 AM CST/ Updated: Dec 21, 2020 / 08:32 AM CST

There is no doubt that the upcoming North Dakota Legislative Session will be challenging compared to previous sessions as the Legislature manages to find the balance between social distancing and public input.

KX News spoke with the North Dakota Farm Bureau (NDFB) and North Dakota Farmers Union (NDFU) to see what they are prioritizing come January.

“We’re gonna play some defense, we’re going to play some offense, and do what’s best for the rural people of North Dakota,” said NDFB Director of Public Policy Pete Hanebutt. A part of the NDFB’s offensive strategy this session is pushing to bolster property rights for farmers and ranchers. “We will be moving to have all land considered posted whether you see signs or not. And, we’re gonna defend folks’ rights to keep people from trespassing on their land whether they see the signs or not. It becomes sometimes a hunting thing, but it’s really just about honoring someone’s private property. I can’t walk into someone’s house in town or onto their yard in town, why is that people can walk onto my property in a rural community,” questioned Hanebutt.

NDFB is also working to increase the ability of North Dakota farmers to raise livestock. “The technology is there, the science is there. We would like to see an increase in livestock production in this state so that livestock is raised in all of our neighboring states safely and ethically, so we certainly think it’s possible here, and unfortunately, we have some stumbling blocks to that that we’re gonna try to remove in this legislative session,” said Hanebutt. For NDFU Government Relations Director Matt Perdue, a major priority is securing long-term funding for rural infrastructure. “Wherever you go in the state, if you talk to farmers and ranchers you’re gonna hear that they need some help maintaining and upgrading roads and bridges so that’s gonna be a big topic, and we think bonding is a great way to make a sound investment into the future of the state and create some funding streams that can help with those issues in the long term,” said Perdue. However, a big question remains: how will farmers and ranchers have their voices heard this session? “We are hopeful that all of the work that has gone into creating virtual access to the sessions will really pay off. Will really give our members the opportunity to still testify, still observe the hearings, and of course through phone calls, text messages, emails, they’ll be in contact with their legislators,” explained Perdue.

Just as the Ag groups will continue doing their hard work protecting and enhancing the economic well-being of rural North Dakota, our ranchers and farmers will continue working hard feeding and fueling the world.
Both Ag advocates say they see opportunity in a robust borrowing package to pay for the needs of farmers and ranchers.
The 67th North Dakota Legislative Assembly begins on January 5th.

Here we go I guess....Looks like Stockmans passed the torch to Farm Bureau.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how they compare your backyard in town to acres of pasture or farmland. And then turn around and want help maintaining rural roads and bridges....you can't make this shit up!

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we should start a "Hunters against the farm residency exemption". If they want to pass 2315, we take away the farm residency exemptions. If it was an initiated measure, willing to bet it would go bye-bye..

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do many of have the onx hunt app? Seems to me that about 90 % of the posted land is done by renters not the land owner. I would support this bill if it means that the true land owners are the only ones that can hunt the land. If that was written into it i bet support would fade pretty quick. This bill is not about all landowners. It is about the remaing big farmers tbat rent a shit ton of land to make as much money as possible. Just because they farm the land they feel that nobody has the right to step foot on it. This not a landowner bill it is a farming greed bill.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes the glove come off. Like posted above initiated measure to eliminate the farm home property tax exemption. Initiated measure remove the shield of liability they now get for things that happen on their land. Initiated measure requiring only the land owner not the renter has to post it closed in onyx. Then they have to survey said land owner every year to ensure they posted it. Initiated measure to open up ditch hunting anywhere. And if this passes it has to be open unless posted in onyx. That would eliminate the need for the signs. It’s war if this passes.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it why stop there. Require class A cdl for farm semi operation too. And over weight permits for anything they drive on the road that’s overweight including farm machinery. We’re only limited to our imagination.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes the glove come off. Like posted above initiated measure to eliminate the farm home property tax exemption. Initiated measure remove the shield of liability they now get for things that happen on their land. Initiated measure requiring only the land owner not the renter has to post it closed in onyx. Then they have to survey said land owner every year to ensure they posted it. Initiated measure to open up ditch hunting anywhere. And if this passes it has to be open unless posted in onyx. That would eliminate the need for the signs. It’s war if this passes.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it why stop there. Require class A cdl for farm semi operation too. And over weight permits for anything they drive on the road that’s overweight including farm machinery. We’re only limited to our imagination.

LOL, you're going to be very busy with petitions and lawyers!!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
For shit like this it’s worth it. Good thing one is my good buddies is an attorney too I guess.

Whitetail56

LOL, you're going to be very busy with petitions and lawyers!!!

I was going to post on this subject but yours hit it perfect. This is exactly what needs to be done. Also a landowner posting abunch of land letting nobody in shouldn't be able to put in for a tag and hunt open land either prime example putting in for a mule deer tag and hunting open grasslands when he's already posting his 10000 acres somewhere else!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
And we subsidize the shit out of these guys on top of it. Hell they’re getting $20 an acre for grain ground in the covid bill. Wtf? On top of the $600 per person they will receive. Did covid kill their yields? Livestock producers certainly needed it. But grain growers?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77