Illinois

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a poodle at the hunt test this year. She was a little machine and did well

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
But...but...I'm not gay

I maybe didn't mention Royce dominates (or tries to) every dog he meets - or they get into a furflying contest. He recently removed a nice patch of fur from a gigantic Newfoundland who pissed in "Royce's" yard.

I don't actually recommend full size poodles for being around kids/dogs. Royce (and his nephew owned by a family I know) both have a crappy track record for aggressiveness. It's Royce's big defect.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words - probably not a gay guy's first choice of breeds.

In retrospect, I guess I better try to find a new home for poor Royce. :)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My short hair has on occasion been a bastard with Golden retrievers. Something about that breed brings out the aggressive cocksucker in him.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
an asshole brown lab next door attacked Royce when he was a pup

I think that maybe triggered it - a good offense is better than a defense in Royce’s noggin

woe be to that lab when he tries to come in the yard now - Royce goes ape$hit and wants out the door so he can be repelling the threat - get out of his way or he’ll run you over - lol

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s sucks guy to have that happen to old Royce from a brown lab. I have hounds and have had bird dogs bite them so I don’t allow other dogs around them. The hounds are just so nice and I don’t want them getting aggressive until hunting time.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our pup's are quirky critters,most folks don't realize that bringing two mature male or females together for the 1st time is a bad thing gotta be a alfa,male pups seldom show aggressiveness towards a female dog but look out when two highly torq'd males enter the octagon.

With that said buddy has a newfoundfeeny.big bastard at 120lbs,he hates motor cycles and the mail man,goes after both,poor mail man but man can he run fast.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
more gay dog owner fun today

034D44F4-97F0-427C-9F5D-0CF9FE94003C.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

CFAA895D-EB3A-49D9-AAB1-84B0CF84E762.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I wish cloning Royce was affordable. He’s better than ever. Thanks again espringer.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very cool. . .
The cloning would be a great thing. I would give anything to have my Black Lab Abby by my side again.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody seen any of the doodle breeds that hunt well? A few friends have gone for that compromise, they don't seem to be much for hunt drive, but they are the kind of guys that bird hunt 3-4 days a year so the dog doesn't get much exposure.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha you take gay and make it orange and even more gay! Love it. Ole Royce!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Orange man good.

- - - Updated - - -

you cut a poodle short and he’s got nothing but peach fuzz left up front.

#rawtittiesarenofun

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So guy,gotta ask...do folks driving by,stop and take pics of royce ? gotta be the first for many to see a handsome hunting poodle in the field.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So guy,gotta ask...do folks driving by,stop and take pics of royce ? gotta be the first for many to see a handsome hunting poodle in the field.

never

in eastern ND you usually have to hunt quite far away from roads - and the cover is usually rather tall so you have no idea what type of dog a guy is hunting

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol,I would stop for a pic of royce sitting in your truck with his fancy fuff hair due,might even let you photo bomb the pic to show the unbeliever's.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many years ago my Dad had a Doberman that he took hunting a little. Had him retrieve partridge even. He said his nose wasn’t the best, but he had a soft mouth.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Royce has zero bird retrieval skills but brings us every squirrel he mauls. He will also fetch a ball for two hours non stop.

;:;banghead

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good boy royce,love the red squirrel pic,my golden got chewd up by a wood chuck a couple years ago plus he hates squirrels but I won't let him retrieve them(squirrels) as a wounded gray can be nasty but not as bad as a 8lb wood chuck after my pup got tore up by the chuck ,little gun shy to release him after the shot on bird feeder raider squirrels,after 100 .22 long rifle rds since may,bet I shot around 80 squirrels at my place,gettin low on .22 long rifle ammo so I've been using W-D40 on the steel feeder poles,funny as hell watching them some beeches trying to shinny up the slippery pole.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
20201023_140648.jpg
My little girl made her best retrieve of her life. I just winged it, and she seen it hit. It was running towards cover. She has a bad habit of not bringing it all the way. So when she dropped this one 6 feet from me it took off. She had to retrieve it two more times. Maybe she's learning.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70