Illinois

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have met 3 groups of folk from this Godforsaken land. Anybody have a good experience?

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was in high school I worked at a small town grocery store and I would always try and strike up conversations with the out of state hunters. The guys from Illinois were always really nice. I can't say the same about the ones from Minnesota and Wisconsin.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve had multiple construction projects in Illinois for three years now. Once you get away from Chicago, fairly similar to North Dakota People I dare say. Very conservative and anti-liberal mentality. Same thing in Washington. Worked near the Tri-Cities and talk about trump loving folk and Seattle hating mentality.

as for hunting, I’m sure they are like most out of staters. Take vacation to come here to shoot/catch as much as they can and drink a fair Amount of beer.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Met 2 guys from IL out elk hunting in CO. We met on a ridge top and found out we had pretty much the same plan for hunting the drainage below. We chatted amicably for a bit and then decided on a plan we thought was mutually beneficial. They seemed like pretty good guys.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care where other hunters are from. As a hunter you either realize and embrace:

1. This hunting license provides me the privilege of going afield with my weapon of choice to pursue the quarry for which the license is valid.

2. I spent all this dang-gum money on this license and by golly, they (the state and all it's residents) owe me a limit/critter, they OWE me! I'm entitled to whatever quarry I hold a valid license for. Guided, un-guided, pay for access or hunting public, doesn't matter.

#1 is easy to get along with and is likely to end up similar to the ridge-top situation "SupressYourself" outlined.

#2 is the person who will jump into CRP a few hundred yards ahead of you if he sees a pheasant run in off the road, or will show up to a promising waterfowl field as the birds are beginning stir and set up between you and the roost.

It's a 99.99999999999999999998760% chance that a WI license plate will net you a #2 every time.

- - - Updated - - -

I have met 3 groups of folk from this Godforsaken land. Anybody have a good experience?

Just dawned on me, they're in your kitty/pig-eye hole aren't they? As it pertains to fishing I believe the acronym is: FISHTAB.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a former boss from Regina, Canada. He moved to Chicago as that is where the corporate office was. Giant insurance company.
Yup fella from little Regina turned into a huge, entitled, asshat within 6 months

It not where you are from, its where you end up that makes a guy a total dick.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
"illinois" meh,one of the few times I've been east of the mississsippi had a meeting west of chicago one summer,drove to illinois,boy does this state capitalize on interstate travel,damn "toll booth's" and speed traps,state makes a killing in revenue,local folks I met seemed amp'd up,testy...drive like idiots,no plans to ever go back

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
FISHTAB, LOL! This one could not back a trailer to save his life.

attachment.php

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Illinois - the one midwest state Minnesotans can plausibly make fun of.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Naw wag's we poke fun at the " cheese heads" too.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a former boss from Regina, Canada. He moved to Chicago as that is where the corporate office was. Giant insurance company.
Yup fella from little Regina turned into a huge, entitled, asshat within 6 months

It not where you are from, its where you end up that makes a guy a total dick.

True dat. I was the most likeable most popular dude ever when I hailed from Bismarck/Dickinson back in the day.

Then I moved to Fargo and now I'm a pariah to both friends/family.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s amazing is Wisconsin folk are the ones that came up with fishtab for Illinois folk. When the ‘sconnies are burning you...oof.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The urge to rut up roads, buy some white sunglasses, leave gates open, and throw beer cans out my window started in about 3 weeks after moving to Fargo.

I don't drink beer from cans - so I'd have to go dumpster diving prior to each of my "hunting" exploits out west.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here just in case you don't know how to use the interweb, or you are actually from Illinois:

fishtab
Fuckin' Illinois Shit Head Towing a Boat - Refers to rude, clueless Illinois resident(s) (usually Chicago suburbanites) who not only have no clue as to courteous driving, but further exemplify it while towing a massive boat. In most cases, FIBs love to drop their 32' cruisers in 60 acre lakes and wonder why they are getting the bird from fisherman

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The urge to rut up roads, buy some white sunglasses, leave gates open, and throw beer cans out my window started in about 3 weeks after moving to Fargo.

I don't drink beer from cans - so I'd have to go dumpster diving prior to each of my "hunting" exploits out west.

do you raise a pinky when tipping back your Stella?

eastern high society right here boys...

Bet he also uses a fancy high tech dog breed to hunt too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76