Anyone need a bull elk

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
This morning he trotted toward some trees 1/4 mile away. Bedded all day. That lazy lout just now came out at 7:30 pm.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hi I have a bull elk tag I live in Fargo and would love to hunt out there if he is still there my number is 701-361-6746 my name is Clayton.
Go shoot that thing and post some pics. Don’t pull a “Guy” and make us city folk from Fargo look bad! And don’t miss...

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hi I have a bull elk tag I live in Fargo and would love to hunt out there if he is still there my number is 701-361-6746 my name is Clayton.

Did you get ahold of Clayton, [MENTION=605]Fritz the Cat[/MENTION]?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s North Dakota is any elk hunt really that hard?

It is if you don't have access to private land. A public lands hunt in ND can be quite the challenge, and involve a lengthy pack out. I shot mine on public land right before dark and didn't finish getting him out until nearly 5 AM. I was hunting alone and while it was only about a mile from the pickup, it did take 3 trips.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is if you don't have access to private land. A public lands hunt in ND can be quite the challenge, and involve a lengthy pack out. I shot mine on public land right before dark and didn't finish getting him out until nearly 5 AM. I was hunting alone and while it was only about a mile from the pickup, it did take 3 trips.

The land access would be the hardest but in comparison to the real mountains it’s is pretty easy. Just like the black hills here while though still pales in comparison to the Rockies

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The land access would be the hardest but in comparison to the real mountains it’s is pretty easy. Just like the black hills here while though still pales in comparison to the Rockies

71EE5B24-B713-4A9D-89E8-8FA8C9623F7D.jpeg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out at dusk and he is still here. If someone tags him I believe this will be number eleven in the last nine years. Three or four were taken by sportswomen.

My favorite was a lady from Dickinson who arrived by herself. Her boyfriend went to an auction sale instead. Capable, good looking and someone should have stole her away from that putz.

I was able to however get that pressure washer I was wanting for a great price, worth it..

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clayton was here this morning. Great young man. Does concrete finishing in Fargo and hales from Mobridge South Dakota. Kurtr probably knows him.

The stubble field was dry and dusty so we used my loader tractor and took him to the yard. Cape and quartering is easy but we both laughed trying to get the sirloin tips and what not off the back legs. We are not butchers but did manage to butcher it.

Clayton had game bags and we put the backstraps and everything in them. Driving down the road with the wind blowing through, the meat should be fine.

IMG_0319.JPG

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is awesome. It makes me believe there still humanity it this world. Great job fritz and congratulations clayton. Enjoy the memories

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever I am working with someone who doesn't know me, I start telling a story about how deer have tarsal glands. Did you know elk have two poison glands? Go into a long story how you should always leave them with me because I know how to dispose of them properly.

After I got their attention, point at the tenderloins. Clayton laughed. Have yet to get anyone to fall for that.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever I am working with someone who doesn't know me, I start telling a story about how deer have tarsal glands. Did you know elk have two poison glands? Go into a long story how you should always leave them with me because I know how to dispose of them properly.

After I got their attention, point at the tenderloins. Clayton laughed. Have yet to get anyone to fall for that.

Thats hilarious lol

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fritz the Cat

My favorite was a lady from Dickinson who arrived by herself. Her boyfriend went to an auction sale instead. Capable, good looking and someone should have stole her away from that putz.

Johnr said, I was able to however get that pressure washer I was wanting for a great price, worth it..

Johnr, the lady in your avatar looks like her. If that is your old lady, you sir are no putz.
:cool:

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good on you fritz for setting up and helping someone fill there tag with a nice elk. forget the nay-sayer's. Regardless of the reason, you helped someone fill a once in a lifetime ND Bull Elk Tag. It kills me that people can't just accept it at face value and we wonder why our hunting heritage is dying. We act like a bunch of damn cannibals that would eat their own young.

Congrats to Clayton on his Elk! And FYI, if I ever get the opportunity to shoot an Elk in ND, and a landowner is gracious enough to set me up, haul out my kill with there tractor, and help me skin and butcher it; well by all means I'd share those "poison glands".

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good job Fritz with helping this young man fill his dream! :;:thumbsup

Congrats to you Clayton with filling your tag and meeting a new friend! :;:cheers

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At face value - this is a great example of a guy offering to help a total stranger without being asked to do so, and it added up to many good things in the end.

I may not be a fan of most things I’ve seen from Fritz on this site, but I am a big fan of this. Good job Fritz. We could use more of this type of thing these days.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, this is making me question driving 15 hours to WY to try and track down one of these bastards!
Congrats to the hunter and Fritz!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63