Shotgun issue

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only way I can conceive throwing the live shell out the receiver is if the bolt hangs up too long

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
eyexer,thinking back on my benelli cycling issue and maybe this is happening with your 300,slight delay in bolt closing after shot,as bolt closes it kicks out feeding round,slow bolt possible,clean it up with a lite lub as stated before,and not rem oil...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tore it down completely and cleaned it and used Otis dry lube. Buddy of mine shoots trap nationwide in competitions and probably ten thousand rounds a year and it’s all he uses. Didn’t solve it

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Face it, it's junk. You're gonna end up cussing that sumabitch when it becomes a single shot in the field.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s been a single shot in the field lol. Breaking out the browning. Now I have to find a gunsmith

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a 1973 Remington 1100 that was a single shot with low brass at the pheasant farm south of San Jose. I bought a 20 ga. Browning Citori over and under and we had a blast. Nowhere to hunt pheasants in San Jose area if you didn't own land or know someone that did, so 3 of us would each buy 25 bird cards every fall.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not a gunsmith, but would the parts in the stock have anything to do with the timing of the gun?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get it working, then sell it. If its a new gun and all ready having issues...?? You are always gonna have problems with it. Sell it to a Sconie.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a gunsmith, but would the parts in the stock have anything to do with the timing of the gun?
i have no idea. It just makes no damn sense to me either. I think I might set my phone up to video tape the process. Can you slow the video down on a phone to watch it in slow motion?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can send my vids to my Mac book and look at them one frame at a time with VLC.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

So I go out now and shoot it twice and it works perfectly fine both times lol. Wtf.

- - - Updated - - -

Got to thinking. Maybe it’s acting like a hand gun when your not gripping/holding it solid and it doesn’t cycle like it should. Maybe I’m not setting up solid underneath it. Thinking about the shots I took with it acting up they were the kind of shots I probably was set up real solid underneath it and probably didn’t give it a solid base to recoil into. I really only have shot this gun at pheasants in late season and those shots I’m always set up solid underneath it. Not like in a blind where your turning side ways and what not.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh shit, its working....open pheasant season Saturday!!!! Spray the shit out of it with WD-40, and sell that POS!!!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tore it down completely and cleaned it and used Otis dry lube. Buddy of mine shoots trap nationwide in competitions and probably ten thousand rounds a year and it’s all he uses. Didn’t solve it

Meh....registerd trap shooter shooting a semi? seen a few guyz shooting semi in trap,registerd usually recoil sensitive,shoulder issues and such,problem with dry lube,even graphite will build and collect unburnt powder and carbon,thats why I suggested "mpro 7",will not collect residue,cleans action as you shoot,lite weight action lube tested in temps down to -50.

registerd trap shooter here 20 years shooting breach shotguns only,semi in the field

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea no two shooters for me lol. Too fricken heavy to lug around. And you be amazed how many pheasants I shoot with the third shell. Especially early season when birds are getting up one after the other

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you find the first two birds, you shouldn't even need a 3rd shell. Unless you're missing, in which case you should get a single shot and sharpen your aim.

- - - Updated - - -

If more people would learn to make the 1st shot count, and find that bird, before even taking another shot, your bird harvest would increase and so would your kill shot percentage.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I’ve learned guiding is the guys with the fancy 2 barrels are sitting reloading while the guys who have the plugs out of their gun are shooting all the birds. You can tell when a guy shows up with a beat up 870 he is there to kill

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right on Kurt. And the daily limit is three. Why the hell would I limit myself to two loads. I have shot triples a number of times. And when your out freezing your ass at zero degrees it’s nice to walk into a spot and three get up and three go down. Especially when it’s the only three in the roost lol. I guess If you miss all the time it’s better on your pocket book to just have two rounds to waste at a time

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I’ve learned guiding is the guys with the fancy 2 barrels are sitting reloading while the guys who have the plugs out of their gun are shooting all the birds. You can tell when a guy shows up with a beat up 870 he is there to kill

I've always hunted roosters with a 20 ga over/under. Can you hunt pheasants with the plug out of a semi-auto or pump?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80