Shotgun issue

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a Beretta A300 12ga. Only about 100 rounds through it. Has worked flawlessly till last couple days. Just about every time I fire my first shot the gun kicks out the spent shell and instead of loading the next live one it kicks that out along with the spent one. Bolt closes with no shell in chamber. I took the whole gun apart including the trigger assy. It was really not very dirty. Saw nothing wrong in there at all. Reassembled and shot it this morning and same damn thing. Anybody ever had this issue?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're all junk get a double barrel. #$%^&>

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not strong enough to carry one of those heavy bastards around lol

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happens if you try to manually feed it from the tube?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
bolt has to be hanging open a long time to kick the spent shell and the next load before the bolt closes?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it kicking the shell out under the elevator when the elevator should be lifting it up in front of the bolt?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No it’s kicking it out right behind the spent shell I’m pretty sure. I may have to video it. One time it even pulled the last shell out of magazine but that was trapped below the elevator

- - - Updated - - -

does it do it when you cycle it by hand ?
hasnt that I recall. I’ll check that tomorrow

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you pressing the release button on the frame and walking with a shell sitting on the elevator beneath a closed bolt?

With the gun EMPTY, when you pull the trigger, does the elevator pop down and lock down until you pull the bolt back, which should lock the bolt back, and you have to release the bolt with the release button on the frame?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one, when I first got it would jam a round under the elevator occasionally. But seemed to grow out of that pretty quick. My son has used it for the past couple years. Its been dropped in sand, mud you name it without a issue since.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did you do anything to the gun prior to it malfunctioning? I have the same shotgun and I can't get my carrier to do what your is doing.

Elevator is in a building, carrier is what carries the shell up to the barrel.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the A400 no issues,however does your 300 have a magazine lock like the 400? if so I'm guessing your mag lock is stuck on release.,clean the action up with some "mpro7" lubricant,avoid rem-oil.if no mpro7 in your area wipe action down with wd40,also did you break your new thunder stick in easy with target loads as recommended? first 100 rds lite loads.

Side note,really don't like my beretta coming off benelli SBE after 15 years,oh it shoots fine ,functions great,beretta makes a damn good scatter gun,But it shoots too flat 50/50 for my liking,meaning you need to cover you're target also the dang safety in front of trigger guard is a bitch to get use to late season with gloves on,doesn't sound like a big deal but my pet peve,shot the all new benelli SBE4 ,great improvements,shoots 100% high like my target shotguns,may switch back

PS Big plus for folks recoil sensitive,A400 has the 'kick off" recoil reducer on 12ga xtreme,very soft on the shoulder shooting heavy loads.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 400 in 20 also. They operate completely different. A300 is what id consider normal operation. It’s hardly been shot. Late season pheasants mostly. Two waterfowl hunts prior. Always work fine aside from one or two events where bolt closed before next shell was placed in magazine. I can’t recall if it was between carrier and bolt or below carrier. I think below because I was able to get shell into magazine I think.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No mag cutoff like the 400 nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Only issue I’ve had with my 400 is occasionally the spent shell getting hung up exiting the receiver. Pretty confident that’s from being dirty

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed eyexer,tell ya what for a gas operated semi these beretta's might be the best,mixed reviews on the 300 tho I'm told getting the plug out is a bitch?

few years ago I made a trip to argentina,outfit supplied us with beretta al391's,ran well over 3k rds through mine,never cleaned it,never had any issues,back home I was having intermittent cycling issues with my SBE2 pissed me off enough I bought the A400 when I got home,nothing worse than a shotgun malfunction in the field.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have poor mans benalli - Stoeger auto in 12 and 20 Had one issue while goose hunting 2 yrs ago with the 12, not sure if these things like particular shells or what, but while hunting upland they work fine...:;:huh

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that needs to be done with benelli and maybe your stoeger religously when cleaning is cleaning the mag tube,grit/sand will build up causing cycling issues and or feeding shells in,so ya need to pull the mag spring out(easy to do) and use your bore rod with solvent then a lite lubricant.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62