Camper slideout ???

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our camper has a couple of slide outs. One of them is where the stove and fridge are. Which means alot of weight. I plan to gently brace it next year. Keeping my eye on the settlement of the camper of course. And that makes me think why couldn't I just leave it out year around??? Making sure it is sealed good of course.

Any thoughts, comments or ideas appreciated. THX in advance.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason why not would be heavy snow and u can't get to it I have heard heavy snow and melting (springtime) that water can get inside.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've noticed many campers with slides left out year round in MN lakes country. Heck, even the one my parents have, those slides have been left out for years.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We personally bring our slide outs in at our prop in northern Mn. SEEMS to seal up tighter keeping throngs of mice at bay. But yes, I have seen them left out as well. Personal choice.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have seen some leave them out but we never did or anyone we knew or were around us.
To me it would be a big mistake.
Just my 2 cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to clean and blow off the top of the slide outs before closing them. Good way to wreck the upper seals is you have junk up on top of the slide out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75