2020 Opener

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not much pressure where I hunted as I has access to private land, but heard alot of shooting going on, opener is always a shit show up north.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rooster #3 ran some so had to leave house to get the dog on his trail. The wind did not help much but she found him. Like it when a plan comes together. Going to V P this one for later. L B

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got out yesterday before the wind was too bad. Picked up one right away and had a hard hit on a second rooster. It dropped a leg and made it out a couple hundred yds before it tumbled into the cattails. I had a line on it but not the right distance and the dog couldn't get it. There must be a couple inches of dry cattail seed laying in the bottom of these dry sloughs. At another slough the dog had a rooster cornered in a patch of tall wheat grass that was over my head. We slow walked that bird for 10 minutes before getting it up against the water and the dog got a water retrieve out of that one. Bird numbers are definitely up from last year.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
aa9jO3F2PB22.png

- - - Updated - - -

iqVSnfqZP1Zf.jpeg

Mrs johnr, our opening weekend was spend in the splendid badlands of ND riding horse with friends, saw a ton of deer.

4jawr2.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75