Goose migtation

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a good shoot kurt,what's with all the suzy's or are they just young drakes.Either way they'll eat good and your pup sure looks proud,thanx for sharing you're hunt.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a good shoot kurt,what's with all the suzy's or are they just young drakes.Either way they'll eat good and your pup sure looks proud,thanx for sharing you're hunt.

4 pintails and 4 hens a lot of young drakes. One of the hens was with a drake and my kid killed both in one shot.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
From Washburn north to Coleharbor I saw what looked to be hundreds of thousands of snow geese this morning. You couldn't spit without hitting a huge flock on the ground feeding. Too bad everything is posted tight up there.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just because its posted doesn't mean you cant hunt it. All you need to do is ask, if they tell you no, then move on to the next land owner.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
From Washburn north to Coleharbor I saw what looked to be hundreds of thousands of snow geese this morning. You couldn't spit without hitting a huge flock on the ground feeding. Too bad everything is posted tight up there.

True this^^however with extra non rez hunters in nodak because canada being shut down annoyed farmers are posting "no hunting ,don't ask.signs

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just because its posted doesn't mean you cant hunt it. All you need to do is ask, if they tell you no, then move on to the next land owner.

In that area you'll probably be the 20th guy to have asked on that field, best wishes!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
True this^^however with extra non rez hunters in nodak because canada being shut down annoyed farmers are posting "no hunting ,don't ask.signs

This is such a bunch of B.S. There maybe be one or two farmers.

Your nothing but a hater.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

I don't know what is going down down there but I remember Snow based on his past posts over the years I have never thought of him as a hater. No idea of this situation or who is right/wrong but I'm pretty sure snow isn't a "hater" trolling this site. Just saying.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member

Oh settle down,no plans to hunt nodak,have my own property good grief.,just forwarding feedback from friends that do.

Thanx Davey for the nod...certainly not a hater,think someone was having a bad day....

Last edited:

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah we ran into the NR thing all weekend. Found many feeds around our farm (and of course none on ours). Every landowner we called had out of state hunters staying on their property and hunting, so we couldn't get in. Gets frusterating in a hurry......

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I wonder how many kick back farmers are getting. Same with guys going from US to Canada. Bring a couple bottles of whiskey or a case a beer to a guy to let them hunt. i personaly know a guy that sends a thank you card every xmas to land owners that let him hunt.

Brittman

When was the Washburn, Underwood, Coleharbor area not posted tight?

Banker in that area use to lease up most of the area around the refuges when the little Canada geese staged there in the 80s and 90s. Maybe there was a time inbetween when it wasn't, but I have never seen that area unposted. Remember just a couple fields left open.

- - - Updated - - -

If there are that many feeds around you, you can hunt traffic - especially if there are other hunters pushing them around. It has worked many times in your "area" for us years ago.

That said access is never a certainty. We had full season access to a farm of more than 3K - 5K acres in a main waterfowl area for about 15 years. Sent him some nice Christmas gifts and bought him lunch when we could (on those few days he would hunt with us instead of fall farm). He did not need the money ... it was a thank you. The access survived a generational change, then something happened and it went away. Never asked why ... but I am sure it was a G/O (which at one time he despised).

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years back we hunted nebraska every year for opening pheasants,my contact in Kearny was a commodity broker,so we had 1000's of prime land to hunt,first few years we brought a case of whiskey for farmers/rancher's that let us hunt, then one year my contact said these farmer's no longer drink but they love having fish fry's but don't give them you're walleyes,fillet up some bass/pike they'll be happy and not know the diff,I'll take your walleyes...,this was in the mid 90's,most of our hunting was section's of crp ,a good walk with one good dog netted limits for 8 hunters/day ,pheasants galore,10- 15 ,20birds would jump ata time,by early 2000 crp was gone and so were the pheasants.

Good times wilst it lasted

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75