Goose migtation

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
What everybody seeing? Not much around beulah area yet, but that could change this weekend. sorry meant to put migration.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20201016-184007.jpg

Not to be dean I don't buy this bs but I am sure we will get something

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
man do I hate “meteorologist” sites like that

embarrassing for whoever the clown is that runs that deal for $$$$

- - - Updated - - -

“keep checking back here”

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same site that predicted like 50" in a storm a spring or two ago that turned into like 2?

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if we do get that much snow I wouldn't call it "Deadly".

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We were suppose to get snow last night, didn't get jack shit, I think the Weather Man put's out fake weather reports just like the news channel's do

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If they say its going to be bad and then its not nobody cares, If they say its going to be nice and its not the rope comes out and people start looking for a tree.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the language in the red cap font reads like it was written by Frankie from Nova Scotia

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

FYI

frankie is awesome - cuz he’s got a reason for his overzealousness

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove to Bismarck and did not see anything. Need some new birds down here

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were suppose to get snow last night, didn't get jack shit, I think the Weather Man put's out fake weather reports just like the news channel's do
Where are you at? Cuz it was snowing just about everywhere last night and in a lot of places fairly significantly for a while. The only thing is the ground was warm the snow didn't last long but if you were looking through the road cameras like I was in the middle of the night it was pretty nasty out there in the spots. here is a still frame I took from Esmond and the camera at the rest area east of Valley City was way worse. As for the migration it looks like we are almost inevitably going to see the earliest migration I've ever seen due to a freeze up at least in the last two decades! The forecast for Canada over the next two weeks is almost complete lock up with the better part of a week where they never rise above 30° for a high with overnight lows borderline single digits. Even for us we're looking at the freeze-up of the vast majority of the small water over the next 10 days at least temporarily.

esmondnorth.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
1676771160495.png

Not to be dean I don't buy this bs but I am sure we will get something
Buy this shit I'm not even sure how he came up with this bombastic s***! This is cumulative snowfall forecast off what appears to be roughly the same model he's basing his crap off of as of this morning mind you this is not one storm you're looking at here this is a minimum of three separate waves over the course of About a week! Now the latest model runs have it being a little thicker in North Dakota and it should be noted that the European model a completely separate model and often times is far more accurate is not exactly playing it down either but nevertheless his Boombastic headlines are nothing short of completely laughable and clearly just straight-up clickbait!

The forecast run from early this morning vs just now showing all snow over the next 10 days with the euro model of the same time frame. Needless to say the model runs this time of year are suspect at best but this isn't even a single storm which means the model runs are moving back and forth at a rate that would make my goddamn sprinkler system jealous! Certainly looks like we're going to get something but I sure the hell ain't buying what he's selling at least at this point!

Screenshot_20201017-233736.jpg
Screenshot_20201017-233650.jpg
Screenshot_20201017-224642.jpg

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
20-30” in WY, they are not even taking about 3-6” on the news. We will see as things get closer

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found a bunch of snows and ducks that moved in down here going to go set up on them this afternoon

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if I should laugh at frankie or kick a field goal...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75