2020 ND Waterfowl

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its been so quiet on here that I am wondering if anyone is hunting waterfowl; ducks in particular? There was one photo of some sandhill cranes but not much else. Also haven't heard any wining about tons of non-residents, trespassers, roost busting, etc. How about some reports guys. I bought a duck stamp but have yet to hunt. Afraid this cold snap is going to do us in unless it warms up in another week or two.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its been so quiet on here that I am wondering if anyone is hunting waterfowl; ducks in particular? There was one photo of some sandhill cranes but not much else. Also haven't heard any wining about tons of non-residents, trespassers, roost busting, etc. How about some reports guys. I bought a duck stamp but have yet to hunt. Afraid this cold snap is going to do us in unless it warms up in another week or two.

The mid October hard freeze Always screws up hunting until the migration starts. That is unless you want to hunt bigger water. The most unfortunate thing is the big migration has lasted only a week or so when the water freezes hard in mid November.

Happycamper

Honored Member
Appears the local ducks got blown out the first weekend.
A small flock of a few hundred snows moved into the Hurdsfield area. There's plenty to eat so unless we get lots of snow it should be a good shoot until the season ends.

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most water froze at border. Nice watching of birds going south this morning. Bigger waters down south should have birds, but then again lots of people. Been dismal at best in the north.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75