Anti Mouse baits for RVs / Boats

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anti- mouse bags all ready to go. Cinnamon sticks, cloves, chili flakes and star anise. Place them near every opening and in cupboards and closets. Added bonus is they smell like Christmas. *there is no specific measurements, just add a few spoonfuls of each item, I usually go heavier on the cloves since they smell nice and are the strongest scent*

Steel wool in every opening coming into trailer!! Works, Works, Works!!!!!!!

peppermint oil on cotton balls works also!!

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php

dang photo won't post. Breathable cloth bags or poke holes in your sandwich baggies with a pin, toothpick, needle or other pointed object. Old dirty, stinky socks may work too with the spice mixture in them!!

cinnamon sticks, not cinnamon spice

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I swear by fabric softener sheets that's what i put in my car as well as in my camper and spray foam all holes where they can get in even holes as small as a 1/4 inch because they will make those holes bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Best mouse trap and you can take down multiple rodents is a five gallon pail or bucket your choice, drill two holes 1/4 inch will surfice then some ridged rod metal clothes hanger works, a plastic water bottle works well leave cap on and drill hole through cap and push wire through the bottom of the bottle wrap both ends of wire through the holes you drilled out. Smear peanut butter around the very center part of the bottle. You want to add water with either windshield washer fluid, antifreeze, or rv solution the pink stuff into the pail. The solution will not freeze but should be put up so not to attract animals you don't want to harm.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a picture of my boat in the spring several years ago, after putting Fresh Cab in it prior to storage. What a joke.

C8FpiIkVAAEjSs4.jpg

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use mothballs and fresh cab in every cubby and several on the floor. I even started putting the stuff under the motor cowling as that cost me $500 one spring.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
bait stations with "just one bite" brand poison in every building really helps cut down the mouse population along with wild farm cats.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang dryer sheets,couple years ago after dealing with mice every winter in my storage shed and read about dryer sheets,I put a couple dryer sheets in my boat live well and rod locker,damn critters got in to said rod locker and made a nest outof the dryer sheets,chewed up a couple cork rod handles.Today bait station's all around my structures and old house with lots of foundation holes.,so far so good.

Last edited:

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sell your boat every fall and let someone else deal with the winter critters.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Sell your boat every fall and let someone else deal with the winter critters.

Id rather deal with mice than 95% of the boat buying public..

Nothing works besides poison on mice.

Yeah and poisons are really fun when you get to play "guess where the dead mouse smell is coming from" all winter long.

I'll stick to traps and deterrents.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a picture of my boat in the spring several years ago, after putting Fresh Cab in it prior to storage. What a joke.

PXL_20230219_185753109.PORTRAIT_2_1024x1024@2x.jpg
The stuff only lasts about 4-5 weeks max.. But it does work, you just have to put new ones in.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use decon poison in my boat and all over the yard . I buy those tomcat poison holders. They work great and dogs can’t get to the poison.

- - - Updated - - -

Those tomcats work on rats too.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put the poison on the outside of the camper, like on the underside between the wheels. Set them on a little block of wood slightly away from the tire so they are not instantly buried under the snow. When it gets really cold out the mice have already found where they are going to nest up for the winter or are already dead. So come late Dec they are not looking to get into your camper any more.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
This poisoned bait is the king for mice, voles, moles, gophers, etc.!
JT Eaton
They slide down a rod within a PVC tube (upside down T) and the rodents eat it and never come back from their home again!
JT Eaton Bait Station

I'm finally able to limit the mounds of dirt from those damn moles. ;:;banghead

All rodents for the past 14mo have disappeared. Yes, a bit spendy, but no longer any hassles in my life. I move them around as I need. If a mole moves into the back tree row I just tie a loop of small wire around the bait station and a small tree.

If a mouse is found in a glue trap in the garage I just move the other bait station next to the garage.

Mobile AND effective.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
And that poison makes mice seek water so they leave the “site”.

- - - Updated - - -

And if anyone is wondering who that is in my avatar... that’s beminoid...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76