ND Game and Fish Regulation Change!!!!!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Along with tourneys I am calling for the abolishment of using live bait. Be a real fisherman and fool the fish with out the use of meat.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If people want to fish tourneys, power to them. If people want to fish for fun, power to them. If people want to fish suckers with a can of earth worms, power to them. If people want to to drive a 100k boat and jig with $650 rods, power to them. If people want to... Well, you get the drift. I will chuckle at some, but I guess we all want to go fishing.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last tourney I fished was the devils lake chamber many years ago. What turned me off was the buckets of pigs around the cleaning table with no ice on a hot day. Not one cheek was taken. Many fish 5-7 lbs with fly’s allover them getting warm.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The last tourney I fished was the devils lake chamber many years ago. What turned me off was the buckets of pigs around the cleaning table with no ice on a hot day. Not one cheek was taken. Many fish 5-7 lbs with fly’s allover them getting warm.

If your gonna worry about how people take care of their game/fish after harvesting them, then you better just quit hunting and fishing. as long as they don't go in the trash. I don't care. It might not be the way I'd take care of something I plan to eat, but to each their own. Hell, is it any different than a antelope or deer hunter that doesn't immediately quarter their animal and get that meat on ice right away? instead they get hauled around in the back of a dusty truck for a day or two even though it could be 50-70 degrees out. how about bird hunters, September grouse and partridge shot in the morning and cleaned late afternoon...........I can go on and on. Worrying about some guy at the cleaning station that has some warm fish with rigamortis setting in not taking the cheeks doesn't even register on my list of worry's, lol. Hell, I fish a-lot and I very very seldomly keep cheeks. Not that I'm wasteful by any means but I'm not that hard up for fish in the freezer that I need to carve every thumbnail piece meat out of the fish. to each their own.

lostinnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about 10% to GNF and 90% to some Charity? I have no interest in fishing for money, makes no sense anyway when everyone is running a $70k rig, just a dick swinging contest. Would be a lot more fun to fish for a good cause.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about 10% to GNF and 90% to some Charity? I have no interest in fishing for money, makes no sense anyway when everyone is running a $70k rig, just a dick swinging contest. Would be a lot more fun to fish for a good cause.

Umm, considering much of the money is given to local chapters of some volunteer outdoors type, isn't that a worthwhile charity?

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm, considering much of the money is given to local chapters of some volunteer outdoors type, isn't that a worthwhile charity?

Not to mention all the charitable things that professional anglers do on an annual basis. In order for that to happen though, there has to be professional circuits so professional anglers can exist. Now, is ND being unfriendly to big circuit tourneys going to shut circuits down? No, but it will certainly put a damper on the amount of really good anglers from ND that end up fishing professionally in the future. Anglers that help put on charitable events. This is definitely not a good thing, especially the way it was done with hardly anyone knowing about it. I dare to say the local chambers will take this quite seriously when they find out....

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member

The one thing about the DL tourneys is the local fishing club cleans all those fish and then has a community fish feed in the fall for the city's residents. I think it's great what they do and help with cleaning if I'm not fishing and help with the fish fry. It's great seeing all the elderly and other residents who put up with all the visitors to our community and who either can no longer fish or or don't fish enjoy what our lake has to offer. Your post sounds like these go to waste, but it's far from the fact when it comes to tourneys on Devils Lake.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the pigs on ice and take the cheeks. The recipients of the cheeks will be all smiles.

- - - Updated - - -

I would help clean fish too if more knives are needed.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see no issues with it. If you can't afford to run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. #$%^&>

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see no issues with it. If you can't afford to run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. #$%^&>

You mean run with the guys with the boat mortgage? Oh snap! I’m kidding someday I hope to have a big sparkly boat, but I will stick with the wetliner for now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
the use of electronics is cheating and just morally wrong. Real fisherman dont use all that new fangled stuff.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enslow -

Curious...was it tournaments and NR that raped and pillaged one of the best bites you had going all summer?

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
CrankB8, I have no idea who you are. Do you know me?

lipripper24

Founding Member
Founding Member
So without tournaments the boat ramps and the cleaning stations wont be maintained? I do believe the boat ramps and cleaning stations are managed by the counties........ The money has to be designated to conservation, not maintenance. Give greg a call and tell him to up the percent to 400% idk. Devils lake will die on the vine without tournaments.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76