ND Game and Fish Regulation Change!!!!!!!

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
CrankB8, I have no idea who you are. Do you know me?

Possibly...or i could just know where you fish...Point being I understand your hatred for tournaments but big sparkly boats and killing big pig walleyes in the tournaments that are held within the state don't explain why our smaller bodies of water don't sustain themselves...pig residents do though...

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you calling me a resident fish hog that fishes out lakes?

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you calling me a resident fish hog that fishes out lakes?

Absolutely not, sorry if it came off that way. I'm saying neither big sparkly boats or tournament guys have anything to do with wiping out a local resource. Devils, Sakakawea, Missouri River, my opinion, can sustain big tournaments. NR's can wipe out a small lake in a few weeks of hard pressure, but so can a bunch of locals...i think the fish side of Game and Fish has done a great job in the last 20 yrs giving us great opportunities to fish, much better than our neighbors to the south or east anyway...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely not, sorry if it came off that way. I'm saying neither big sparkly boats or tournament guys have anything to do with wiping out a local resource. Devils, Sakakawea, Missouri River, my opinion, can sustain big tournaments. NR's can wipe out a small lake in a few weeks of hard pressure, but so can a bunch of locals...i think the fish side of Game and Fish has done a great job in the last 20 yrs giving us great opportunities to fish, much better than our neighbors to the south or east anyway...

What are you talking about we supply all the big walleyes on oahe . Slot limits lives mater

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt r thanks! I was going to mention the kindness of SD regulations on oahe. We have never had bigger fish in our spring runs up here .

- - - Updated - - -

I am also sorry if I offended tourney fisherman. I may get a sparkly boat and start kicking some ace some day so don’t want to get out of hand on nodak angler.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt r thanks! I was going to mention the kindness of SD regulations on oahe. We have never had bigger fish in our spring runs up here .

- - - Updated - - -

I am also sorry if I offended tourney fisherman. I may get a sparkly boat and start kicking some ace some day so don’t want to get out of hand on nodak angler.

I look forward to the day you do get a sparkly one! Be a hell of a lot easier to follow around...might I suggest a Nitro - easier to pick em out with their color schemes I’ve found.
Also, if you do start entering tourneys no way I’m ever going to
#fishindogkennelslivesmatter😆

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why can't people just go hunting and fishing now days for fun? To spend time with their family and friends? To relax and enjoy the outdoors? Why do some always need it to be some type of competition? Why don't those people take up other sports? Were they picked last or something?:;:huh

Honored Member
Why can't people just go hunting and fishing now days for fun? To spend time with their family and friends? To relax and enjoy the outdoors? Why do some always need it to be some type of competition? Why don't those people take up other sports? Were they picked last or something?:;:huh

Maybe that is there way of enjoying outdoors, and most do spend time with there family while they are doing the competitions. Maybe they arent interested in other sports. Why are all the nontourney guys so quick to think everyone is an asshole, has a small dick, cant manage their finances, and have huge egos. I'm sure I am missing something nontourney guys have to complain about. From what I see year after year is the nontourney guys are the ones complaining about everything and want zero compromise in the outdoors. They are always the ones trying to tell everyone else what they should be doing and how they should be doing it. Prove me wrong.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really dont care what they do --- Bass Fishing Tournaments rule and Walleye have went down the drain. They need to switch the format to really get a following. I would like to see a catch and release -- even if they bring them in to weigh I would like to see the fish released. Spend the money on equipment to help with a good release. Lots of pigs are taken at these tourneys - it would be nice to see them swim.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Now, is ND being unfriendly to big circuit tourneys going to shut circuits down? No, but it will certainly put a damper on the amount of really good anglers from ND that end up fishing professionally in the future.

How??

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you pro-tournament guys should be thanking me

I decided years ago that the tournament concept would be ruined if I entered, and won, every one of them

so I didn't

you're welcome

Last edited:

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member

My wife and I fish tourneys together. They are some of the most enjoyable days on the water for me each summer. Fishing tourneys has also aided in new friendships and re-finding old friendships. Tournaments are not relaxing; but they have helped me be a more varied angler, learn how to break down water, and look at fishing differently. I dont do it for the $$ or I would be sleeping in my boat.

I fish tourneys because my whole life I have been very competitive. Being competitive has beaten up my body to the point of even an aggressive softball game laying me up for days.

There will always be tourney lover and tourney haters. I havent and wont lose sleep over it.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member

How what? How will this change remove big circuits from ND waters?

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't people watch sports without gambling? Why can't someone play cards without putting money on the line? I don't give a shit and neither should you. There's nothing wrong with competition. My family enjoys tourney fishing with me. Both pre-fishing and they tournaments. What does your opinion of what should be and shouldn't be done competitively mean anything to anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

I really dont care what they do --- Bass Fishing Tournaments rule and Walleye have went down the drain. They need to switch the format to really get a following. I would like to see a catch and release -- even if they bring them in to weigh I would like to see the fish released. Spend the money on equipment to help with a good release. Lots of pigs are taken at these tourneys - it would be nice to see them swim.

Way more pigs are killed by weekend anglers than tourney anglers...period. That said, I'm with you on C & R which is why I chose to fish AIM and other events like it.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe that is there way of enjoying outdoors, and most do spend time with there family while they are doing the competitions. Maybe they arent interested in other sports. Why are all the nontourney guys so quick to think everyone is an asshole, has a small dick, cant manage their finances, and have huge egos. I'm sure I am missing something nontourney guys have to complain about. From what I see year after year is the nontourney guys are the ones complaining about everything and want zero compromise in the outdoors. They are always the ones trying to tell everyone else what they should be doing and how they should be doing it. Prove me wrong.

It isn’t just the pros running 60-90k boats, heck most of those boats are weekend warriors and most don’t fish tourneys. I still don’t know how people can afford those rigs unless they finance for 15 years!

- - - Updated - - -

How what? How will this change remove big circuits from ND waters?

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't people watch sports without gambling? Why can't someone play cards without putting money on the line? I don't give a shit and neither should you. There's nothing wrong with competition. My family enjoys tourney fishing with me. Both pre-fishing and they tournaments. What does your opinion of what should be and shouldn't be done competitively mean anything to anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Way more pigs are killed by weekend anglers than tourney anglers...period. That said, I'm with you on C & R which is why I chose to fish AIM and other events like it.
Honestly most could care less if this change removes the big circuits from ND water. ND doesn’t need more publicity to fill the ramps in the summer, it’s already full. ND anglers will still have opportunities to fish tournaments in ND or if they are willing to travel. Winning a tourney at your home lake shouldn’t be that hard , a true test to your angling abilities is fishing new water.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You live once and the Fed prints money like there’s a toilet paper run. Buy that sparkly boat for 90k!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm your proof.. I am a BIG non tourney guy. I hate how they take up ramps on every weekend in June in my area. But, about 6 years ago, my buddy calls me on a Friday. His brother from Minneapolis is in town and he wants to sign us up in the one day, 3 man tournament. I begrudgingly say ok. I just showed up Saturday morning fished one day, it won't be so bad I say to myself. Well damn it, I had a great time. I was really glad I got to spend a day with two old friends. It would have never happened if not for the tournament. Damn it, that tournament made me have fun. Oh, and we placed 13th and got our money back. I hadn't fished the Mobridge area all year just up here on the ND side. So we've tried to get in it every year since then. We missed a year and this year too. And last year we got 2nd place!! I know we could plan a weekend to meet up and fish, obviously we could, but the tournament is a good excuse. Oh, and I kind of like being anti-tournament and getting in it and winning some $$$ from the tournament guys.

I see the non tournament guys view. I don't know where you come off saying there is no compromise? What are we suppose to compromise on? I don't get it. The tournaments are scheduled. No non tournament guy ever protested and got one canceled or moved, so I don't get what the hell your talking about. All we ever do is cry around about being crowded at the ramps and run over on the water. I watched the tournament boats racing and going in between shore and fishermen right south of Mobridge. Most went out and around that flat people were fishing, but some went too close. One guy was in a 12' little boat he threw in from shore. I laughed my ass off at that guy bouncing around from the wakes (he's my brother), but you get the picture.

Oh there are legit complaints about SOME tournament anglers. One year a guy bought every creek chub in town. What happens when someone tries that with minnows, leeches and crawlers. Tell me that guys NOT AN ASSHOLE!! There are guys in these tournaments that have done things in the past that have pissed the locals off. They would have done it anyway more than likely the way some of these tourists behave.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77