ND Game and Fish Regulation Change!!!!!!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually don’t think people would have minded tourneys so much until they became so frequent that there were big sparkle boats flying around bays all summer at full throttle. It’s just became to many tourneys is all. I would fish areas where tourney guys couldn’t get to and then they took a back hoe and dug a trench in old 281. Haha you can’t make this stuff up.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm your proof.. I am a BIG non tourney guy. I hate how they take up ramps on every weekend in June in my area. But, about 6 years ago, my buddy calls me on a Friday. His brother from Minneapolis is in town and he wants to sign us up in the one day, 3 man tournament. I begrudgingly say ok. I just showed up Saturday morning fished one day, it won't be so bad I say to myself. Well damn it, I had a great time. I was really glad I got to spend a day with two old friends. It would have never happened if not for the tournament. Damn it, that tournament made me have fun. Oh, and we placed 13th and got our money back. I hadn't fished the Mobridge area all year just up here on the ND side. So we've tried to get in it every year since then. We missed a year and this year too. And last year we got 2nd place!! I know we could plan a weekend to meet up and fish, obviously we could, but the tournament is a good excuse. Oh, and I kind of like being anti-tournament and getting in it and winning some $$$ from the tournament guys.

I see the non tournament guys view. I don't know where you come off saying there is no compromise? What are we suppose to compromise on? I don't get it. The tournaments are scheduled. No non tournament guy ever protested and got one canceled or moved, so I don't get what the hell your talking about. All we ever do is cry around about being crowded at the ramps and run over on the water. I watched the tournament boats racing and going in between shore and fishermen right south of Mobridge. Most went out and around that flat people were fishing, but some went too close. One guy was in a 12' little boat he threw in from shore. I laughed my ass off at that guy bouncing around from the wakes (he's my brother), but you get the picture.

Oh there are legit complaints about SOME tournament anglers. One year a guy bought every creek chub in town. What happens when someone tries that with minnows, leeches and crawlers. Tell me that guys NOT AN ASSHOLE!! There are guys in these tournaments that have done things in the past that have pissed the locals off. They would have done it anyway more than likely the way some of these tourists behave.

I have had way more problems with the other locals here being asshole vs tournament guys. You want to talk about people who think they own the water or spend more time fucking around at the boat ramp. They all have 63 plates. The creek chub thing happens every time that’s why most bring their own or go to Pierre or Aberdeen that’s nothin new. Can’t say I miss having a boat

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those 63 plates are usually the pleasure boaters or guys who don't get out much. Tournament guys at the ramp are efficient, except that its plum full and a line for a 1/2 mile. I've seen where they let non Tournament guys to the front.

Honored Member
Those 63 plates are usually the pleasure boaters or guys who don't get out much. Tournament guys at the ramp are efficient, except that its plum full and a line for a 1/2 mile. I've seen where they let non Tournament guys to the front.

Every tourney I've been too they ALWAYS let non tourney anglers to the front of the line.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
That cut in 281. They let a sparkle cut it and then they kicked everyone off the road. Has to be a proud moment for that sparkle when he drives by it

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That cut in 281. They let a sparkle cut it and then they kicked everyone off the road. Has to be a proud moment for that sparkle when he drives by it

actually a rubber tire back hoe dug it up. Then wasn’t it a guy with a tin Lund that went through?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
actually a rubber tire back hoe dug it up. Then wasn’t it a guy with a tin Lund that went through?

Did they ever arrest anyone for that? You would think even the cops up there could figure that one out.

As far as tournaments, I think it would be a better contest if they just had them in a swimming pool, release 1000 fish, everyone has a space they have to stay in, whoever gets the most fish wins.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did they ever arrest anyone for that? You would think even the cops up there could figure that one out.

As far as tournaments, I think it would be a better contest if they just had them in a swimming pool, release 1000 fish, everyone has a space they have to stay in, whoever gets the most fish wins.

Replace the fish with electric eels to get more viewership.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The G&F is another big government entity taking more money out of your pockets and half of you are all for it. Just like when we basically all begged them for higher hunting licensing prices. Unreal. I have recently lost all respect for the G&F

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The G&F is another big government entity taking more money out of your pockets and half of you are all for it. Just like when we basically all begged them for higher hunting licensing prices. Unreal. I have recently lost all respect for the G&F

Ok, I'll bite. Why would that be?

WalleyeGuy80

https://walleyefederation.com/

So it has started organizations refusing to pay the NDGFD the absurd amount of money they are requesting to host a tournament. This will hurt the small businesses in the communities that host tournaments, and originations that are recipients of the donations from these tournaments. Just some examples of tournament anglers and organizers giving back to the local organizations is the NWT tournament organization and participants this year is rounding up the gas bill at Indian Hills and donating to local event ON THE WATER. Van Hook Classic use proceeds to put right back into the area. Williston Rural Fire Department uses there tournament a major fund raiser each year. There are many many more throughout the state that use the tournaments for major fund raisers for their organizations each year. Seems many on here hate the tournaments, but seem to forget all the good they do by providing a fundraising means for local organizations, and the giving back they do the communities they live and play in.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The money fishing tourneys provide with non profit donations is minimal compared to the electronic gambling machines. Those are a cash cow.

- - - Updated - - -

Fishing isn’t supposed to be about money! But that’s all this thread pertains to. NDGF wants a bigger cut or they wouldn’t have imposed the increase.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t dislike a tournament... I do not like what I have seen people do during tournaments. When you have a timed event with cash, nerves can get the best of people and you see people driving huge boats like maniacs. The cheating also occurs with hidden fish, texts, calls, etc etc.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t dislike a tournament... I do not like what I have seen people do during tournaments. When you have a timed event with cash, nerves can get the best of people and you see people driving huge boats like maniacs. The cheating also occurs with hidden fish, texts, calls, etc etc.

Just go out and pull 27-33lb bags and eff them.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder what would get said to me if I brought a bag of fish like that to the cleaning table on a weekday and A tourney fisherman saw me cleaning them? My guess is I would be shamed for keeping them and then questioning about where they are biting.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder what would get said to me if I brought a bag of fish like that to the cleaning table on a weekday and A tourney fisherman saw me cleaning them? My guess is I would be shamed for keeping them and then questioning about where they are biting.

There's a way to find out, but you are probably going to toss back the 25 plus fish.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s my point I’ve been shamed for 21-24 inch fish and would let those 25 inch go. But in a tourney those 25 inch plus are cleaned and cheeks down the grinder.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I would ask for the cheeks

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh my - look at who is leading in searches for fishing tournaments in the US over the past 5 years

ND has a tournament addiciton.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79