ND Game and Fish Regulation Change!!!!!!!

lipripper24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interestingly enough thought I would check if anyone cares about this change in policy.
Prior to Oct 1 Fishing tournaments would give 10% of entry fees max $5000 to a conservation type effort.
Greg Powers informed me that it is now 10% period no cap. So the NWT would end up paying 27,000 to have their tournament in Bismarck this spring......... he said its fair to everyone.
DWC- 6300
Gov Cup- 7560
Big Show - 10,000
Oh yea forgot to mention any side pot or big fish will be paying too.
Call Greg Powers at 7013286323 or better yet call your elected officials.

p.s. $90,000 was raised in 2019 for "conservation" efforts, still no boat ramp improvements by the game and fish.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like a positive change to me, can we up it to 20%?

Also, the NWT is having a tournament on the river this coming spring in Bismarck? ;:;barf

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best thing to do is Cancel the tourneys and have a nice day on the water without driving 74 mph in a shallow bay.

- - - Updated - - -

The game and fish loves money more than anything. They see all those big fiberglass boats and the big checks and the sponsors. Now they want a bigger cut . The whole thing is so bogus.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Still seems to me like a pretty cheap way for them to make money off a public resource.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder how this would effect the big daddy of ice fishing tourneys, the Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Dept Ice Fishing Tourney?? oh wait..thier $25 ticket price is stipulated on ticket. $21 for raffle $4 for fishing prizes thus 12,500 tickets X 4$= $50,000.. 10% is $5000. I THINK they have been paying at least that amount for conservation improvements for years.
Tickets are out and about by the way.. and going fast.
https://www.dlvfdicefishingtourney.com/

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe tournaments are a thing of the past, always seems a goofy way to measure dicks anyway.
:;:huh

lipripper24

Founding Member
Founding Member
They pay for fishing licenses too, TV shows use public resource and don’t pay a dime...

- - - Updated - - -

I think fishing tournaments will change their model and do a ticket based system as well. 1$ to the tournament and 1749 to a raffle.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best thing to do is Cancel the tourneys and have a nice day on the water without driving 74 mph in a shallow bay.

- - - Updated - - -

The game and fish loves money more than anything. They see all those big fiberglass boats and the big checks and the sponsors. Now they want a bigger cut . The whole thing is so bogus.

Do you have any idea what they do with the money? I DO!!! It goes into maintaining and keeping up the boat ramps and cleaning stations. So, "they" don't get a bigger cut, most (if not all) of that money goes to the local clubs or agencies that maintain those boat ramps you use when you go.

Last edited:

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe tournaments are a thing of the past, always seems a goofy way to measure dicks anyway.
:;:huh

I don’t fish tourneys as a dick measuring event. I fish them because I almost always learn something and I get to spend time with my son. I would however like to see tourneys go the AIM route where pictures are taken of the fish and the fish are released, especially the spring tournaments.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t fish tourneys as a dick measuring event. I fish them because I almost always learn something and I get to spend time with my son. I would however like to see tourneys go the AIM route where pictures are taken of the fish and the fish are released, especially the spring tournaments.
I was being an antagonist

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t use cleaning stations or ramps often. I used to before there was a waiting line of guides and out of state fisherman. The game and fish is pulling in a lot of money this year again with record NR fishing licenses. Not to mention the money from the feds. ND outdoors succinctly shows the revenue and expenses annually for the NDGF. So yes I have an idea. Thank you.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They pay for fishing licenses too, TV shows use public resource and don’t pay a dime...

- - - Updated - - -

I think fishing tournaments will change their model and do a ticket based system as well. 1$ to the tournament and 1749 to a raffle.
$1 to the tourney won’t pay very big payouts!

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interestingly enough thought I would check if anyone cares about this change in policy.
Prior to Oct 1 Fishing tournaments would give 10% of entry fees max $5000 to a conservation type effort.
Greg Powers informed me that it is now 10% period no cap. So the NWT would end up paying 27,000 to have their tournament in Bismarck this spring......... he said its fair to everyone.
DWC- 6300
Gov Cup- 7560
Big Show - 10,000
Oh yea forgot to mention any side pot or big fish will be paying too.
Call Greg Powers at 7013286323 or better yet call your elected officials.

p.s. $90,000 was raised in 2019 for "conservation" efforts, still no boat ramp improvements by the game and fish.

Specifically, what kind of boat ramp improvements are you looking for? Considering all the ramps in the state that need maintaining, I for one feel that the NDGF does a fantastic job.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears to me guys are so addicted to tourneys they would fish em even if there wasn’t prize money

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Specifically, what kind of boat ramp improvements are you looking for? Considering all the ramps in the state that need maintaining, I for one feel that the NDGF does a fantastic job.

Not only boat ramps, I'm able to leave my boats in the shed and take my young grandkids fishing on a luxurious dock with safety rails.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76