Tires "AGAIN"

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went up size to 285 from 245 or 265 problem fixed love BFG KO2
What are you running them on? Vehicle still under warranty? If 245 were stock, you can upsize 1 size without affecting warranty. Anymore, all bets are off. Was told that when bought last 2 vehicles. Glad it has worked for you though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have BF Goodrich on my F250, maybe 10,000 miles on them, and they are worn about half way already. Not particularly happy with them.
I do pull about 20,000# worth of camper several times a summer though, so not sure if that plays into it or not.
Outside of wear, they really do nice in snow and mud. Performance wise they are good.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have BF Goodrich on my F250, maybe 10,000 miles on them, and they are worn about half way already. Not particularly happy with them.
I do pull about 20,000# worth of camper several times a summer though, so not sure if that plays into it or not.
Outside of wear, they really do nice in snow and mud. Performance wise they are good.

Nitto Exo-Grappler

Lando

Established Member
I haven't heard anyone say anything about Goodyear Wranglers. I have had BFG's and Wranglers, and the Goodyears are so much gooder.

Lando

Established Member
Everyone in Wyoming has Wranglers. Dorks wore TuffSkins when I was a kid.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
when I was a kid only dorks had Wranglers

Throw in the Goodyear Diversity training slides that went public last year and that's reason enough not to give them any of my $$.

On a heavy pickup, Nitto Exo Grappler. Made in USA to boot!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone looking for a set of 4 Hakkapeliitta LT2 in 275x70x18 E rated?
Have a set with less than 300 miles on them mounted on 2016 Chevy 8 hole stock wheels with sensors.
Will sell them as is or just the tires.
Can bring them up to NoDak in May or June when we come up. Don't need them down here in Payson, AZ.
Been stored inside off the floor.
Open to offers and if no reasonable offers i will put them on and run them down here.
Send me a PM if interested.

Last edited:

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run Toyo CT's and will never try another tire. last set had 70k on them and still 40% tread when i traded the truck off. I live on gravel. Buy the CT's and dont look back. I have had at3's/dynapro/and duratracs. Dynapros were BY FAR the worst.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run Toyo CT's and will never try another tire. last set had 70k on them and still 40% tread when i traded the truck off. I live on gravel. Buy the CT's and dont look back. I have had at3's/dynapro/and duratracs. Dynapros were BY FAR the worst.

curious if your only criteria is mileage? I have good luck dynapro, I suspect the soft rubber =better handling = worse mileage is a thing, putting a less than stellar driver behind the wheel and handling trumps the cost and/or mileage.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
curious if your only criteria is mileage? I have good luck dynapro, I suspect the soft rubber =better handling = worse mileage is a thing, putting a less than stellar driver behind the wheel and handling trumps the cost and/or mileage.

Winter performance on snow/ice is my main criteria. My dynapros were a softer tread but wouldn't get me out of the driveway in 2wd.
My CTs are harder, my first set I had siped on my 1/2 ton. My 3/4 ton are not siped but the performance on ice slippery roads is still great. My mileage has decreased very slightly with the heavier CT. I also live off grid a bit so tires are a big deal.

Last edited:

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nitto Exo-Grappler

Did you have the regulars or the GS series? The GS are less aggressive but look to have a great tread design and plenty of siping on them. Its either going to be the M55's, Nittos, or another set of the these Toyo AT2s for me.

Nevermind. I see they make an exo grappler, ridge grappler and a terra grappler. I'm leaning to trying the Terra Grapplers. They are going on a strictly tow rig 12' F350 diesel, just want something decent on snow and ice.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you have the regulars or the GS series? The GS are less aggressive but look to have a great tread design and plenty of siping on them. Its either going to be the M55's, Nittos, or another set of the these Toyo AT2s for me.

Nevermind. I see they make an exo grappler, ridge grappler and a terra grappler. I'm leaning to trying the Terra Grapplers. They are going on a strictly tow rig 12' F350 diesel, just want something decent on snow and ice.

Exo's on a tow rig for sure. They have a 3rd belt in the sidewall that makes them stiffer and more stable with a load. They're better on snow and ice than Terra's. I have a set of Terra's on a 2nd set of wheels that I run in the summer.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently installed Michelins that are siped like all get out.

They throw rocks WAY more than the similar AT Michelin. Good gravy - If I drove gravel a lot I would hate these new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=&quot]DEFENDER LTX was the model.[/FONT]

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goodyear duratracks on my half ton have a bunch of guys who run them on their diesels here that swear by them. Get a little hum when wore but have never let me down

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a Ford F-350 that came with Michelin tires. 2nd set was Firestone, didn't last very well. Replaced them with Michelin again & the Michelin seems to last the best. Not sure about ice/snow performance but if you are looking for longevity, the Michelin are what I'd purchase.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had great luck with ko2s and the kids is impressed with Falken wildpeaks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had great luck with ko2s and the kids is impressed with Falken wildpeaks

Yep Falken wildpeaks are an excellent tire, good traction, low road noise and they last.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75