Bergum

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has it always been that a person votes for the candidate that is less terrible?

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won't vote for Dougy. I don't hate him but I think we could do better. I was a state employee when he was first elected, I no longer am, I was in IT. Besides the IT dept., it was unbelievable how many dept. leaders were replaced with his chronies who just turned everything on its ear and then left. Didn't make improvements, just changed everything. I do like how he has handled keeping business open but I don't understand this obsession he has with being the number 1 state in testing. I don't think that has helped us. I don't like all this talk of recovery with nothing said about prevention, like people just rollover one day and they are addicted. I don't like how they seem to want to take "North" out of our state name, see our state logo. His approach seems to be to outsource everything. For example, when I reserve a campsite at a ND state park, I get a confirmation email from a business in Orange, California. Many dept. heads are now working from home outside of ND. And hiring "state employees" that can live anywhere...so we are sending income out of state that will never be spent in ND. I don't think that is how state government should be.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has it always been that a person votes for the candidate that is less terrible?

Great question. No, I don't think that has always been the case. But more and more often, it's not about what a candidate stands for, or what they'll attempt. More and more often it's about that candidate throwing shade on all the other candidates.

In case I'm missing something, is Biden not pretty much promising that he has all the answers for COVID, but he's not saying what they are, until after he gets elected?

What a dork...

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I won't vote for Dougy. I don't hate him but I think we could do better. I was a state employee when he was first elected, I no longer am, I was in IT. Besides the IT dept., it was unbelievable how many dept. leaders were replaced with his chronies who just turned everything on its ear and then left. Didn't make improvements, just changed everything. I do like how he has handled keeping business open but I don't understand this obsession he has with being the number 1 state in testing. I don't think that has helped us. I don't like all this talk of recovery with nothing said about prevention, like people just rollover one day and they are addicted. I don't like how they seem to want to take "North" out of our state name, see our state logo. His approach seems to be to outsource everything. For example, when I reserve a campsite at a ND state park, I get a confirmation email from a business in Orange, California. Many dept. heads are now working from home outside of ND. And hiring "state employees" that can live anywhere...so we are sending income out of state that will never be spent in ND. I don't think that is how state government should be.

But if you are not a state employee you don't know this is happening , and I agree with you it should not be

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great question. No, I don't think that has always been the case. But more and more often, it's not about what a candidate stands for, or what they'll attempt. More and more often it's about that candidate throwing shade on all the other candidates.

In case I'm missing something, is Biden not pretty much promising that he has all the answers for COVID, but he's not saying what they are, until after he gets elected?

What a dork...

Plexiglass. Super easy. Duh.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

What a dork...

you clearly haven't been listening

he said he'd use you know... the thing.

c'mon man.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t have a beef with him. Hopefully he will veto a no trespassing bill. He will win easily.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t have a beef with him. Hopefully he will veto a no trespassing bill. He will win easily.

I’ve heard a lot of people say they will vote a certain write in instead of for Doug.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get the feeling all Doug's big business peers feel sorry for him that he's from flyover country.

Doug's somewhat embarrassed by the people from his humble origins - so he's trying to modernize our state/government.

He's from the government - and he's here to help.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
But if you are not a state employee you don't know this is happening , and I agree with you it should not be

First...I am a state employee. The Governor used to hold these little virtual town halls for state employees. We listened to him and the IT folks push to get as many state employees to work from home so that he can cut office rent and leases. He thinks that all 7000 employees he sent home (because agency heads don't dare go against his wishes), will all work from home efficiently because of some study. But this study didn't take a pandemic into account. So now you have some people exploiting the situation and not working their full 40 or some that are just not as productive working from home. I just think this takes away from serving the public...so when our current leases are up, there will be no offices to go to when life gets back to a more normal after this "dark winter" we are about to have. I believe we will likely see some serious mental health issues like depression and or substance abuse. So the Governor stressed how we need to open up schools because kids need that social interaction, then he plans to keeping workers secluded at home. Doesn't amke much sense to me. He wants to save money yet I heard that some positions in the west are still offering $10K sign on bonuses and oil impact stipend. Now the office space will sit empty and building owners/managers will ask for tax breaks. I can't imagine the impact this will have on the hospitality/restaurants at lunch time in Bismarck when we get back to normal. I guess no more waiting lines!!! Anyways, the point is....there will be a ripple effect by his philosophy of pushing us home so the state buys more Microsoft equipment. ;-)

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think there is motivation behind his #1 in testing. The more testing the more cases the more urgency to do things and scare people into mandates(control). Bill Gates donated to his campaign that gives me chills. I think ole Douchey Doug is hiding some things. Sounds conspiratory but it sure is weird how conspiracies end up being fact down the road almost always.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, the last guy was way better.

He is rich because he is smart and earned it.

Have any of you ever met him?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Billionaire who owns a lot of land.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest landowners don’t put their name on the land.

- - - Updated - - -

Westwolfone I’m ready to meet you.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't read all of the posts but i think he could have handled things a lot worse than he has if he would have wanted to. I see the hole in the math with the daily positives and No idea why the numbers are reported that way and if that is in his hands or not but he is giving us a choice on wearing a mask and he wants to open up the economy. He seems like he has a little common sense and I like that. What am I missing ?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have never voted for Dalrumple again

He just wanted to have the position for a day and then say that he held the title of Governor, with his photo up on the wall somewhere. He wasn't into the position, which he realized later, and decided not to run again. It was stupid that he decided he needed to fulfill his ego and then realize it isn't all fun, games, and titles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75