Bergum

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is Burgum running unopposed? I honestly had no idea he was up for reelection until I got a postcard in the mail yesterday stating he was backed by Trump and the NRA.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know he owns land by the burning coal vein campground.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
He has land in his name out west and some in the RRV, its not a secret. He's also not a Billionaire as most people like to claim, although yes he's very wealthy. Dougy will win with 70%+ of the vote and will be Gov as long as he wants.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
no there is someone running against him. although, you would never know it. the only reason i even knew he was up for re-election was cause he is running an ad here and there. which seems like a waste of money considering nobody appears to be running ads against him.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
no there is someone running against him. although, you would never know it. the only reason i even knew he was up for re-election was cause he is running an ad here and there. which seems like a waste of money considering nobody appears to be running ads against him.

There is the vet lady from out west running for the Dems and some weird guy running for Libertarians. I caught a couple minutes of the debate last week flipping channels. Doug has no competition: Just watch the first 2 minutes of this.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?476755-1/north-dakota-gubernatorial-debate

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Money seems to grow on trees that surround Doug's and Lynn Helm's worlds. I read today that another 16 million of North Dakota's emergency corona federal funding is headed for the oilfield to frac wells. I know a few of you here are in the oilfield, Have many ND residents that you know of been put back on the payroll from the 66 million emergency well plugging program ? I'm thinking/guessing most of that money ends up out of state and not much of it will circulate in ND. Meanwhile tons of local businesses are on the brink of a chapter or the end of the road. I always thought a few hundred to a struggling local family was worth more than a million to an out of state corporation in more ways than one.

And another 50 million due for the TR library.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not a fan of Bill Gates, or his creepy associates.

I also don't like my state tax money paying state employees that don't live or work in our state.

I shop local, and expect our city, county, and state to do the same, especially with our money.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Money seems to grow on trees that surround Doug's and Lynn Helm's worlds. I read today that another 16 million of North Dakota's emergency corona federal funding is headed for the oilfield to frac wells. I know a few of you here are in the oilfield, Have many ND residents that you know of been put back on the payroll from the 66 million emergency well plugging program ? I'm thinking/guessing most of that money ends up out of state and not much of it will circulate in ND. Meanwhile tons of local businesses are on the brink of a chapter or the end of the road. I always thought a few hundred to a struggling local family was worth more than a million to an out of state corporation in more ways than one.

And another 50 million due for the TR library.

Agreed. JMO, but if the oil industry profited in ND shouldn't they also be responsible for capping the wells that gave them their profit that mostly went out of state? ND has sky-high covid infection rates with all kinds of economic consequences but those affected people are just tossed aside. We are in the national news every week as a covid failure, even #1. Schools are getting crushed, health effects for individuals and medical bills, PPE for medical staff, businesses closing, layoffs,etc. It's the same way the tobacco succession money was squandered on water projects. The attitude seems to be screw the ordinary people.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 66 million capping cash was to hire companies to cap abandoned wells and reclaim the surfaces. These are on old old wells in which the state never required a bond to insure reclamation. Nine of these companies are in business anymore I’m sure. It really has nothing to do with current oil companies in the state now. This is something they have been needing to do for many years and never had the money so they say.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67