Blackstone question

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've seen a lot of Blackstone commentary on here, but not sure if this has been addressed.

As long as the griddle is greased well, does it need more than the metal cover to sit on my deck all winter? Seems to me like it would be fine sitting out there with my grill and smoker, but my wife thinks it should maybe have a cover. First winter for mine, but guessing a few of you are 3 or 4 years in.

Thanks!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a cover over mine, wasnt real expensive, and gives a little piece of mind.
I also cover all my outdoor grills, smokers, etc. Hell I even cover my wood pile with a fitted tarp.

I say spend the few bucks and cover it. easier than finding out the hard way.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have the metal lid and a cover. I noticed rust showing up when it got cold and moist out. its in the garage now.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for the input. I'll maybe look into getting one.
Problem is, I know me. I tend to buy covers and put them on once or twice. Eventually, I forget to go back and do it when grill/smoker cools down. Cover blows off deck, gets rained on, buried in leaves, forgotten... maybe I'd be better with the griddle.��

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't cover any of my cookers. Except the Blackstone. I have a hard cover, and now a deluxe soft cover over that. The cheap soft cover didn't last for shit. They rust easy so I had to give in. I too hate covers. I wish the cooktop was SS.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76