damn rodents

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Started about 5 years ago when these things came to visit and now they are here on an overextended, unwelcome stay.
Had a few bulls during the summer and then on camera again and ate feed up so quit putting feed in feeder.

Then after a number of days not having them on camera felt it was safe to fill up feeder in the afternoon.
By 7:30 they were back that same day until 2:30 with their garbage racks that they never leave behind at my stand.
They must smell corn miles away and between them and those damn coons (have a dozen coming up to my various feeders however this feeder they are unable to eat out of). Coons i can control but not these rodents and game and fish told me to live with it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. db

Attachments

MFDC1194.jpg MFDC1171.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was gonna be about 'Sconis.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Convince the landowner to allow tag holders to come shoot them.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well i am the land owner and only problem is if i tell someone he/she can come and shoot one that means to them that him/her and all their buddies, their buddies friends, family members, Trump in his upcoming free time ect. can hunt all year round for anything including next year and the years after.

But paint ball and do not have one but maybe and if i did what paint would i use so i can tell game and fish someone must be painting to id the ones they want shot or not shot? db

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well i am the land owner and only problem is if i tell someone he/she can come and shoot one that means to them that him/her and all their buddies, their buddies friends, family members, Trump in his upcoming free time ect. can hunt all year round for anything including next year and the years after.

But paint ball and do not have one but maybe and if i did what paint would i use so i can tell game and fish someone must be painting to id the ones they want shot or not shot? db

Not really..........your land, your rules. Simple

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes it should be that simple. But over the years and there have been many it just funny how it works out sometimes and has for me.

The last time an adult friend who was not close but still consider a friend told me he was having troubles harvesting a deer and wonder if he could come to my place and shoot one as he felt i had all kinds of deer on the land (not by accident but by providing habitat). I said yes and told him to just go over there and sit and before night fall you will have your deer.
I went to check on him late afternoon and found about a dozen people walking through the trees. Yes it should be simple. db

Last edited:

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Well it's a once in a life time tag, so thats pretty unlikely.

If you're not gonna offer an opportunity for someone to come help you thin them down, then stop bitching about it on an outdoors forum.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes jmf biddenwon. Db

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, I’m pretty sure db is gonna post what he wants and could give two effs what you or zoops thinks

lol

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like some very tasty silent freezer filler to me !!!!!!!!!!! :;:rockit

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah if these assholes can riot and loot the damn country blind, I say FK it, do what you want.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some sort of fence with “deer size” openings? So the deer can get in but not the elk?

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. Congratulations on having a hunting spot soooo awesome that it magically turns your friends into law breaking poachers when they see it. My suggestion is try letting a stranger hunt it. Your friends are dicks.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
DB,
Can you get a landowners Gratis tag for elk in your unit?
Those aren't once in a lifetime is what i have been told.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62