Dog misdiagnosis

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm really sorry for your loss. I've had to do go through it twice. The first one my crazy dog ran under my tire, I literally drove three feet. Only about 2 years old. I was devastated. The next one we put down when she was 13, she was a really good girl. But she was old and suffering in the end so it wasn't so bad. I have a 14 year old guy that still wants to be a puppy but his body won't cooperate. And I have a 4 or 5 year old that is still a baby, don't even want to think about the end. It sure sucks about your boy.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn I'm sorry to hear about Neco. Take solace in knowing he's no longer suffering and you did the right thing lunk! My condolences.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lunk and Up, I feel for both of you I have shared this quote on here before, but I think it sums up a man's relationship with his best friend pretty well.

A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
as a kid growing up with all kinds of animals including dogs and a million cats on the farm, all with names whose life expectance was not always very long, as one who had two dogs and one cat when the kids were young and experience those lost, that was enough heart ache for me to last my life time, one to many deaths as it was. i got me a wife. db

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
sorry for your loss lunker, we put down our 14 year old yellow lab this summer really sucks

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your dog lunk. I recently had to put down my 10 month old lab due to worsening, uncontrollable epileptic seizures. I cried like a baby for days. It's never easy to make a decision like that but when the dog doesn't even get the chance to live out it's youth, much less it's full life it is just hard to find reason in it. When she was good, she was great. But when things were not good, they got really bad. Other than the damage she left around the house, 6 months of wildly successful training sessions, and memories of about 5 or 6 really amazing hunts with her, I don't have much of her left but no dog deserved the life she was living. IMG_6789.jpgIMG_6828.jpgIMG_6874 (1).jpgIMG_6459.jpgIMG_7253.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. It is therapeutic to post some pictures.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So sorry Lunk:( Been away from the computer for awhile. News like this is always sad. Those of us that have lost a fur buddy know how you feel. LB

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
So sorry to hear of your loss Lunk but you did do the right thing. It is painful and we all cry like babies because we lost our baby and buddy who would do anything for us and to be with us.
I will share this with you as it was shared with me when we lost our dear Zoey.

Losing a dear friend (1).jpg

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great video thanks for that!!! ;:;bowdown :;:exactly :;:thumbsup

Brought tears to my eyes and also brought back some great memories.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunker. sorry about Neco. Even if dogs lived to be 50 years old, it's not long enough. Making that decision is one of the hardest things to do, but in the end you did the right thing. The saying "gone but never forgotten" holds true no matter how long they are with us. When I drive past every place Gunnar and I hunted, I still see him running around searching for birds. :)

Dirty, those pictures of your dog look so much like Gunnar it brings back lots of memories.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only got to take him bird hunting one time last year and he got sick on the last week of the construction season which was Oct 26, we had plans to do some hunting the following weekend since it was going to be a great fall weather. Instead we were stuck at home trying to get him healthy that week instead. Other thing that sucks i didn't take enough pictures of all the goofy hair brain messes and stunts he pulled. That won't happen again this time around

- - - Updated - - -

I really appreciate all the kind words everyone has shared on here as well as in my pm it meant a lot to know that I haven't messed up too bad with all the stupid shit I have done in the past. Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Up I hope your dog comes through with the treatment that is ahead, atleast there can be something positive to come out of this thread

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son-in-law lost his hound a few years ago to cancer and he makes videos so he put this together. Hopefully it gives some comfort altho I needed a couple tissues the first time I watched.
https://vimeo.com/105350553

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice sluggo
she was a very happy girl
wonderful video thanks for sharing with us
you have a beautiful family also

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife gives me crap for always taking pictures of my dogs, but then I look back and never have enough puppy pics. buggers never hold still long enough as puppies. Take a bunch when you get them, they grow so fast you miss some stages.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think we all need to post a pic of our pup in honor of all those that have come before and those that will follow. This girl's name is Hazel...she is a 2 year old Jack Russell/Heeler mix, we've had her about 14 months...and I can honestly say I love her damn near as much as my kids...but I'd never tell them that!Hazel Fall 2020.jpg

Last edited:

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss, it sure leaves a large empty spot.

[h=1]Rainbow Bridge[/h]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.
There is only one thing missing,
they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and hug him.
He licks and kisses your face again and again -
and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.[/FONT]
Author: unknown

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
i can get down with the posting our furry friends post. my rescue dog turned into my hunting partner.
tuckersfirstpheasanthunt.jpg
tuckerhunting.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84