Dark chocolate lab

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out birddoglabs.com She is in Bemidji area. She has a couple real nice chocolates that she breeds. I have a male pup out of her sire Phoenix. (yellow/red)He's 5 1/2 months. Coming along nicely. Bird crazy! Made some nice retrieves this season already. Killed a muskrat in my yard the other day.
Side note....everyone has an opinion about dogs. And they're all probably right. Some guys got a mutt and it was best dog ever and some spend the big bucks. Just remember, you really shouldn't base your opinion about dogs on just ONE dog you had. When pure breds come with health clearances and solid backgrounds the odds are going to be stacked in your favor of having a good dog. Not guaranteed...but way more in favor of a healthy, good dog.

I took your advice and talked to Gina since she is going to have chocolates in the near future which is perfect for me I am going to purchase a pup through her this winter early spring Its really rare to see a breeder this far north having litters this time of year. The only reason I was able to get Neco in March is because they didn't know his mom had bred on the first try. I am very excited about this opportunity thanks for the information and posting me in the right direction to get a pup asap so I can get him trained this summer for hunting next fall. Which is what I did for Neco unfortunately I only got to take him hunting one time.thanks again

Last edited:

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's great! I have only spoken to her on the phone a couple times. She really knows her dogs and has good ones. I really like my pup "Rip" that came from her sire Phoenix. I did not buy him from her but she studs him out to other breeders. But I talked to her about the stud and her dogs and she knows her stuff about labs. I like her chocolates too! Best of luck!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75