Deer Pics and Deer Stories

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am coming off one of the best years ever for deerhunting.
Some properties were dismal but some were freaking awesome.
Passed up a pile of small/medium bucks the past 2 weeks. Quite
Had an honest 200+nt coming right to me on Nov 5 and a doe came n changed his course.
Knees were knocking and eyes were watering!!
But, I'm getting burnt out already.
Aint as fun as 20 years ago.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things were getting dirty this morning on the prairie..so I filmed it, fog set in, I was bored to I added some music! :;:muahaha 11/19/20

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am curious... not big enough to shoot? or ya just didn't want to scar that doe from breeding the rest of her life?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha ha, yea just a young buck there. This is my 11th all day sit of the season, think I'm waiting on a whitetail ghost.
Only showed up on camera one time oct 24th.
This guy couldn't figure it out. Ha ha

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m the type of guy that says “When you get a chance at an easy deer, you take it”.
While driving down a prairie trail next to a CRP field, going from one hunting spot to the next, we drive up over a hill and 50 yards off the trail, this guy is with 6 does and 3 very little bucks. He’s dogging one doe really hard. They look at us and nonchalantly walk down into a dip. We get out of the pickup and walk up over the hill. And the picture tells the rest of the story.
Daughter’s second buck since she’s been hunting and first mule deer.

B25E6AA0-7DC8-4413-B283-819FF7ED0F36.jpg
When we first walked up on it.

45C3F57F-E28E-4923-87BA-2B19256E6230.jpg

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Knowing all the crap that can and will go wrong on any given hunt, I couldn’t agree with you more...if it falls right into your lap take it and enjoy it! Also, with a fairly new hunter, a taste of success now and then is essential in my opinion. A little of that goes a long way to string them along through the hunts that don’t quite go as planned or are a lot more trying.

Great job!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been a good year for deer as we seem to have many and some fairly nice ones as compare to previous years.

I am not a meat eater but the rest our. Family has five bow tags with son, daughter down to grand-daughter and one gratis tag.

In is not the end of the world if we do not fill but would be nice to especially for my grand-daughter and daughter who is hunting with a bow for her first time. Have never fill all tags and i image will not this year either. Since 98 i have killed seven with the bow so not a big killer of deer. 95 was my last rifle whitetail tag. But i have name many and many have come to visit with me.
At this stage of our life we have establish goals and and been lucky enough to have two now within those goals this year. Been a long process but well worth the effort that is an all year long process. For one, it was his forth year up and assume it was at his peak.

Keep sending pictures to my daughter and her daughter for when they come up during thanksgiving. Will see what happens. With some luck and if the arrow will fly true, maybe have a picture or two to post. So best of luck to all db

What do you mean your not a meat eater??

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i was young on the farm we butcher and raised our own domestic stock. But for some reason folks always found ways to put wild game on the kitchen table that someone in the family had shot. Never care for it (worse was dry goose with lead pellets, at the time fish with picking bones as one ate) so now, for me, it is:

God bless the cow and the cow/calf rancher for providing me with beef (so i meant meat eater of deer, fish or any wild game).

On a side note others in the family love the wild game so there is always a need for wild game. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75