Best New Ice Rods for Walleye/Perch.......Go

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My thought is........If your using that live scope set up you talk about, you should be able to get by with a broom handle and a Zebco 202 ? #$%^&>

I've killed a duck with a slingshot before, but I'd rather use a Benelli;-)

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a few different ones I use. I have a couple scheels, have a fenwick, have a beaver dam tip stick, use a black betty on a frabill rod is a nice combo. They all have their places. All depends on what depths, what fish your targeting, lures used and presentation. Plenty of times nothing works, but a simple plain jane dead stick.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I broke my custom perch sweetheart last year(sad as it was a favorite and I've had it for 10 years). Anywho, I'm looking to replace it and there are a bunch of new peeps on the scene. Been leaning on trying a TUCR Fusion. Thoughts?

Bite the bullet and get one of the new Gloomis ice rods and let us know if they are worth it!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve got a lucky ice rod/reel. Found it at a lake in the summer, butt was sticking out of the water. Cleaned it up. Couple years later I was using it as a dead stick and a pike pulled it down the hole. A week later, a buddy that I had told about the lost rod, was fishing the same lake and the line from it got hooked on one of his tip ups. He pulled it in. Returned it to me. Cleaned it up, it’s ready for the next adventure.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd social distance from some of the G. Loomis ice rods. Some are hollow tubular blanks which are prone to breaking. However, I'd check out their solid graphite rods.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75