This guy LOST EVERYTHING (barely survived) broke through the ice.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if I stopped wanting to fish first ice now that I am a dad or maybe I just want to hunt deeper into the fall. Probably for the best either way.

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a moron, just to get on the ice early and possibly catch a fish. Very poor judgement on his part.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a moron, just to get on the ice early and possibly catch a fish. Very poor judgement on his part.

He's a pro at this stuff, but like he said, got careless. He was too worried about saving his gear rather than getting out. This guy is hardly a moron.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ol' Weibe is far from a moron. His mistake was bringing that POS axe instead of a good spud bar.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I actually like the guy. He's a goof ball, but he's not stupid. He's just not afraid of ice because he's generally prepared. In this case, I agree with captain....not sure why he had a stupid axe but that doesn't work well. Must have forgot his spud bar.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am unable to see the incident, it just goes from him ax'n along the ice, to a boat ramp and open water fishing

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess one could argue if he’s a moron or not. It’s all a matter of opinion. Mine would have to be that he probably isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. You would think an experienced angler would know better than to go out in ice that looked like that. The problem is younger people getting started see this crap and think “hey I’m invincible, it’s not that hard to get out. That jack ass on YouTube got out no problem”.
An hour later the kid is laying dead in the bottom of a frozen lake.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess one could argue if he’s a moron or not. It’s all a matter of opinion. Mine would have to be that he probably isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. You would think an experienced angler would know better than to go out in ice that looked like that. The problem is younger people getting started see this crap and think “hey I’m invincible, it’s not that hard to get out. That jack ass on YouTube got out no problem”.
An hour later the kid is laying dead in the bottom of a frozen lake.
They are desperate to create some content for their YouTube pages. He really wasn’t using his noggin in the instance...

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
relieaze he needed his keys to pickup but to get out then take boots and bibs off and jump back in?? tough sob

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just cause you like him doesn’t mean he’s not a moron. About 98% of my friends are morons. Lol

im not excluding myself as a moron btw.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
He made a bad decision over his own better judgment. I know I have. When he swung that ax and it went through. Instead of finding another route, he should've got off right then. Now he's a moron, idiot, or what ever if he doesn't realize that fact.

- - - Updated - - -

He made a bad decision over his own better judgment. I know I have. When he swung that ax and it went through. Instead of finding another route, he should've got off right then. Now he's a moron, idiot, or what ever if he doesn't realize that fact.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74